Friday, May 31, 2013

REVIEW of Zoya Pippa With SWATCHES

Greetings and salutations, distinguished readers!
Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything else to begin my post on Zoya Pippa. I'm just going to assume the polish was named for Pippa Middleton because seriously, when was the last time you heard the name Pippa? The polish was released in 2009 as part of Zoya's La-Di-Da collection. Annie Hall, anyone?

Color: Zoya Pippa is a sunny yellow creme polish. In the bottle, it appears to be a primary yellow (one of the primary colors...red, blue, and yellow) like the kind of yellow you'd pull out of a box of crayons, and it can appear that way on the nails. However, I found that most of the time I was wearing this color it was a little bit warmer, leaning towards a corn kernel yellow or a slightly golden yellow. It was still the closest to a basic, primary yellow but I wanted to note the warmth of the color as these things can affect how a polish is going to look on different skintones. And for someone with yellow undertones like me, yellow polishes are definitely a scary proposition. While yellow will never be the most flattering color on me, of all the possible yellows, I think Zoya Pippa is the kind of yellow that will be the most suited to my skintone and to skintones like mine. I think Zoya Pippa provides a nice pop of color without being as demure as a pastel or as loud as a neon/bright. I think it's very on trend for girls who are looking for something different. I've been seeing yellow nail polish on a lot of celebrities and in a lot of TV shows lately. But it is somewhat of a daring and unconventional option and it's not going to be for everyone.
Formula: I would say the formula is smooth but a little bit thick.
Application: The first coat was a little patchy and streaky but impressively opaque where I did get coverage. On the second coat, I found that if you used a sufficient amount of polish, the brush wouldn't drag so while application wasn't super smooth, I managed to get good results. So while the formula wasn't awful, it wasn't spectacular either.

CONCLUSION: While the formula isn't perfect, I really love the color and I think it's going to be very useful for nail art. I would recommend this polish and I actually already added a bottle to my most recent Zoya haul.

Zoya Mini Nail Lacquer Pippa ZP479R

SWATCHES










No comments:

Post a Comment