Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CVS Beauty Haul (Coupon Crazy)

Hi chickadees!

Mama did some truly impressive coupon-aided hauling today at CVS.


I picked up L'Oreal's Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in 610 Black Mica after hearing Allison/Amarixe rave about it in one of her videos. As of right now, I haven't had much luck with pencil liners but I love my Maybelline gel eyeliner which I first heard about from Allison so I'll try this one out as well. They've been doing some interesting thin-lined eye makeup looks on Gossip Girl that I want to try out. Hopefully, this liner will help in recreating those looks.
(Original price: $11.49) Yes, I know NY prices are ridiculous, people who don't live in NY.


I picked up another Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black because I love them. I just started using my second jar (I threw out the first after a few months when it was starting to smudge and it didn't glide as smoothly. I still had a healthy amount of product left which is why I'm always going to prefer drugstore eyemakeup. I don't feel terrible when I toss it to avoid breeding bacteria for too long and risking an eye infection.) It is going in my safety/giveaway bag where I keep duplicate items I get on sale or in a big online order in case I run out of a product or I ever get enough followers to do a giveaway.
(Original price: $11.99)


Also from Maybelline, I got the new Maybelline Colorsensation Lipstick in Tigerlily Treat from the Spring 2012 Pastel Collection. Swatching it, it seems a little sheer but I'm OK with that as it's a bright Barbie doll pink. It was the only one left in the display and no one had swatched it so I took that as a sign it was meant to go home with me. My lips are kind of a mess right now but I'll be testing it out soon.
(Original Price: $9.99)






I also picked up another L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base even though I usually don't use primer. I find that primer with my skin tends to cause makeup to look heavy. But I still think it's a great primer and it's useful when I do have some dryness or unevenness and I don't want to bother with foundation. I'm still in the testing phase but right now I'm loving my new Benefit moisturizer. It might just be that my skin has calmed down with the rise in the temperature but I really think I've seen an improvement with this new product. Can't wait to tell you about it. OK, getting back on track...
(Original price: $14.79) Yes, I know. NY prices are RIDICULOUS. And I know it's cheaper at Duane Reade. But I had CVS coupons.


Now, I was undecided about what to get from Rimmel so I picked up the lipstick AND the eyeshadow. I have few red lipsticks. Less than the average beauty blogger but probably more than the average girl who rarely wears red lipstick needs. To me, red lips requires pulling back a bit on the clothes or the eyemakeup which is just not as fun. :) But I couldn't resist this special Kate Moss Rimmel collection red lipstick, especially after Sineady Cady mentioned it among her favorite drugstore lipsticks in a youtube video. So yeah. I got it. Lack of willpower, people. Lack of willpower. I compared it to my other reds once I got home and I actually still don't have a dupe. This is somewhere between a true red and a red that pulls slightly orange.
(Original Price: $5.79)
Love love love the packaging. :)

It's so pretty in person. It's probably weird to like the shape of a lipstick but I prefer this to a lot of the other drugstore brands. For example, the Maybelline lipsticks kind of curve in at the top. (Photo below.)


From left to right: Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Red Revival
Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss collection Lipstick in 01
Covergirl glossbalm in Peony
Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet

From top to bottom: Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Red Revival
Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss collection Lipstick in 01
Covergirl glossbalm in Peony
Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet

I also picked up Rimmel's Glam Eyes HD Palette in 05 English Rose. You know how much I love English Oak. http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-of-rimmel-london-glameyes-hd.html So I'm excited to try this one out because I've been searching for good pink eyeshadow that isn't too sheer and doesn't make you look tired or diseased.
(Original Price $6.79)

And finally, because I've been so in love with my fake Cartier LOVE bracelet in rose gold lately, I got a bottle of Orly nail polish in Rage. For some reason this CVS is the only drugstore in the city where I've seen Orly polishes.



$11.49+ $11.99 + $14.79 + $5.79 + $9.99 + $7.99 + $6.79= $68.83. $74.94 with tax. Wow. That does seem like a bit too much to drop on one trip to the drugstore right? Well, how about we

...subtract $1 for any L'Oreal product (tear-away manufacturer's coupon from a previous display)
...subtract $1 off coupon (received for spending a certain amount at CVS in a given period)
...subtract $3 off any L'Oreal item (coupon printed out with previous purchases from CVS)
...subtract $2 off any Rimmel item (coupon printed out with previous purchases from CVS)
...subtract $1 off any Maybelline item
(tear-away manufacturer's coupon from CURRENT Spring 2012 Pastels display)
...subtract $2 off any L'Oreal Studio Secrets item (Allure magazine coupon)
...25% off coupon (coupon printed out with previous purchases from CVS)

...Leaving us with $41.87 or $46.38 with tax. That's right. With a combination of CVS and manufacturer's coupons, I ended up saving $28.56 AND getting another $10 off coupon for spending $25 on L'Oreal products (special for this week only).

Yes, I am rather proud of myself right now.

Let's start a conversation in the comments. Link me to your blogs so I can see what you've hauled lately. Let me know if you've tried any of these products and what you think. Is there anything you want me to priority review?

Talk to you soon,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment