Sunday, October 5, 2014

REVIEW of Color Club Nail Lacquer in Halographic With SWATCHES

Hello darlings,
I think I just fell in love. No, I'm not about to turn this into a dating/wedding blog. The object of my affections is a nail polish, specifically Color Club Nail Lacquer in Halo-graphic. I introduced you to KBShimmer In Bare Form a little while ago, but this is my first real holo polish. And I adore it. I purchased this polish on a whim as part of my San Gennaro polish haul not thinking much of it and hoping to maybe layer it with some of the pink glitters I have but never use. I am shocked by how much I love this color as someone who normally doesn't like pinks. Guys, I'm gushing. I need to stop.

Color: Color Club Halographic is a holographic medium pink polish. I would call it a cool-toned pink but it can get a little warmer depending on the lighting. It can also veer towards more of a silvery lavender purple. The holo is absolutely blinding in direct mid-afternoon sunlight and I love it. It's been a while since I've worn an attention polish and I didn't know how much I needed to wearing one. The color reminds me of 60's futurism and Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century. The holo is always fairly visible but generally I think it's stronger the more natural light there is.
Formula: The formula is not noticeably thin or thick.
Application: I applied three coats of this polish. I have no complaints about application. All three coats went on very smoothly. The polish did fail a light test at three coats meaning light could still pass through my nails but you can't tell that the polish isn't fully opaque because of the holo effect. I personally wouldn't bother applying a fourth coat just to get full opacity. I was a bit concerned about whether top coat would affect the holo so I only applied it to my ring fingernail and pinky fingernail. I don't think there's any difference.
Wear: I wore this polish for 6 days. In that time I experienced considerable tip wear but no chipping. I'd guess that was due to this being a little sheer and because I didn't apply top coat to two of my nails. Now, when I say considerable tip wear that just means more than normal as I usually don't experience any damage to my nails.

CONCLUSION: I would totally recommend this polish. I think it's gorgeous. The application is easy and while you don't get 100% full opacity, it's not noticeable.
SWATCHES













No comments:

Post a Comment