Sunday, September 14, 2014

Feast of San Gennaro Polish Haul

Hello peanuts,

Quick update first. I've been quiet for the last few days as there haven't been any sample sales and I am still struggling to edit photos for polish reviews that are ready to go. It is insanely frustrating sometimes to get the magic box to do what I want it do and give me color accurate photos to post. I am trying my best to get as close as possible to color accurate photos but I may just post the reviews without photos if the editing doesn't work out.

OK, back to business. This is a bit of an unusual haul for me. If you did not know, right now in NY we are celebrating the Feast of San Gennaro. It's an annual event where a bunch of vendors take over a small area in Little Italy/Chinatown. This year the event is taking place from September 11 through September 21. The layout generally doesn't change that much which is why I headed straight for the corner of Hester and Mott to check out the beauty bargains this year. And... I may have gotten a little carried away.
First let's start with the only non-polish purchase. I know I overpaid for these and I should have just gone to bornpretty. I don't know what I was thinking. 
I picked up a bottle of Essie First Base Base Coat as I've been struggling with staining for a while and I want to see if changing up my base coat will improve things. I used to use Milani's base coat and then I switched to Orly Bonder. All Essie products were $4 or 3 for $10.
I got a bottle of Matte About You because even though I don't do matte nails that much, you can never have enough Matte About You. I'm tempted to go back and get more bottles.
I also got Essie Grow Faster Base Coat to see if using something thicker than First Base would make a difference. There were some other Essie nail treatment products there like the Apricot Cuticle Oil but I didn't want to go crazy. If you have any recommendations for Essie base coats, top coats, or nail treatments though, please leave them in the comments.
Essie Shearling Darling. This polish is darker in person. Yes, we're going to go down the oxblood rabbit hole again.
Essie Blue Rhapsody. I want this to be Confetti Rhapsody in Blue so badly. It's not going to be but I'll be excited to try it out anyway.
290 Maybelline Purple Icon. This is darker in person as well. It's more purple. This photo makes it look like Essie Sure Shot, which I would love because Essie Sure Shot is one of my favorite polishes. 
270 Maybelline Dressed to Kill. Again, this one is darker in person. I couldn't resist the name.
Milani 552 Pink Flare. This polish is absolutely gorgeous in the bottle. I hope it's this beautiful on the nail. I'm very excited about this one. I'm not sure why but I've been drawn to pink, girly glitters lately.
OK, now I'm going to need some help. I have no idea what these Pure Ice polishes are named because the stickers fell off. I bought them anyway. I have a problem. I've never seen these polishes before as they are Walmart exclusive so I'm counting on one of you to know the names so I can do proper reviews.
This is a very pretty shimmery bright pink. I think there might be some duochrome shimmer. I have no idea what it's called. My best guess is Jamaica Me Crazy.
Superstar! You can't have enough white polishes, right? I'm always looking for a good cheap one as right now my favorite (Cult Nails Tempest) is way too expensive to be my go to white nail polish. 
Pure Ice First Love. I feel like this is going to be annoying but sometimes pearlescent polishes just call to me. I want to find that perfect mother of pearl shade.

Pure Ice Spit Fire. I'm hoping this will be useful. 
Pure Ice First Time. It's such a pretty green. I can never have enough green polishes with my skin tone.
Pure Ice Sea-Quin. OK, this is a weird purchase for me. I've never owned a polish with glitters this shape.
Pure Ice Strapless. This polish is gorgeous in the bottle. 
Pure Ice Gossip! This polish is darker in person.
Pure Ice Sugar Cookie. I love the color of this but I'm not sure what's happening with the glitter. It should be interesting.
Pure Ice Siren. This is a bright, true red in person.
Pure Ice Calypso. This polish is darker in person and gorgeous in the bottle. This is the kind of color I see in ton of collections but never want to buy at full price.
Color Club 978 Halo-graphic. I am in love with this color in the bottle. I can't wait to try it out. I've never had a holo polish before.
Color Club 980 Cherubic. I think this might be a holo version of a KBShimmer polish I already own but it was such a pretty color I couldn't resist it. 
Color Club 24 French Tip. Another white polish! Yes, I will do comparison post eventually.
Color Club 1000 Silver Lake. Yes, another light gray creme polish! Yes, I will a comparison post.
Color Club 987 On the Rocks. Another silver metallic polish! I swear the only one I don't own is the Essie Mirror Metallics one. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing this haul. If you would like me to review any of these polishes sooner rather than later... if you'd like to suggest any comparison posts... if you'd like to leave any other thoughts on these polishes or give me advice on Essie nail treatments to purchase or your favorite top coats and base coats please leave all of those thoughts in the comments.
I will try to talk you soon! 
-Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment