Sunday, December 22, 2013

December Ipsy Glam Bag

Hello bumblebees,

As a lovely little pick me up while I'm still disconnected from my laptop, I received my December ipsy glam bag in the mail a few days ago. And though I haven't tried the products yet, I love love love this month's ipsy bag. I love the bag itself and the fake quilted patent leather look of it, even if it did have a bit of a smell. I love the placement of the zipper. I just think it's so adorable and it's almost cute enough to be a regular clutch.
Again, I haven't tried the products yet but I'm excited to start using them. Two lip products, a nail polish, a small eyeshadow palette, and some fragrance samples? I feel like ipsy is finally "getting" me and I definitely feel like I got my money's worth with this bag. Maybe it's just the absence of hair products.

My favorite product in the bag is probably still the nail polish. It's not as bright as it appears in this photo but it's winter and it keeps snowing so I can't be too choosy about the photos in my posts at the moment. Anyway, I can always find some use for a red nail polish and I haven't tried Nicka K before. I have seen it in beauty supply stores around the city and I know it's a cheaper brand but it's not one that I would likely purchase for myself so it'll be nice to try out the formula.
Next I suppose I can talk about the Be a Bombshell The One Stick. This is one of those all in one sticks that is meant to be used on eyelids, lips, or cheeks but as mine is red, I think I'll stick to using this on my lips. I may use it on my cheeks just as an experiment. You can't see it in the photo but there's a bit of glitter in this product. You know how I feel about glitter in lip products but I'll give this a fair shot. I do love the packaging though.


This is the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in Smokin Hot. I've seen pop beauty being sold at Duane Reade but I've never felt particularly moved to buy anything from the brand as they just seem a bit too expensive for the drugstore. I actually tried out this eyeshadow trio out briefly. I just used my elf primer underneath and the sponge tip applicator that comes with the palette but it applied pretty nicely. It seemed pigmented and I didn't have too much of an issue with fallout aside from the glitter. I would say that my main concern is figuring out how to wear glittery gray eyeshadows, but I'm up for the challenge. Oh, and I'm not sure how pigmented the white shade is but I'll work it out. 
Yes, they're perfume samples but these perfume samples from English Laundry are actually on the larger side and I do think I like the way they smell. My only qualm is that I tend to collect a lot of perfume samples and then never try any of them so I don't know how much use I'll get out of these.

And finally we have a NYX lipstick in Sky Pink. I have nothing against NYX as I haven't really tried anything from the brand but I find it very tricky to wear light pink or nude lip products so I'm not that excited to begin testing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment