Saturday, June 14, 2014

REVIEW of Sparitual Lacquer in Copper Shimmer With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees,


I've got a new brand for you today. This is my first Sparitual polish review. I've never tried a polish from the brand before and I wasn't even really conscious of the brand before I purchased the polish but it was on sale at 6pm.com so I picked it up during a larger haul. Apparently, the polish regularly retails for $10 but I purchased it at $4.99. I didn't really have any expectations for the polish, not being familiar with the brand but since it usually costs $10, I was expecting something on par with or better than OPI and Essie in terms of the formula.

Color: Copper Shimmer is exactly what it says on the tin, a copper shimmer polish. Well, actually, that's not quite true. Copper Shimmer looks a lot like a shimmer polish but I would actually describe it as a foil because of the layers that are revealed when you remove it. I think it's a very pretty color but it can look a little rough because of application issues. More on that later. It's also a copper than veers a little bit more towards gold.
Formula: This polish has a thicker formula that makes it a little difficult to work with.
Application: Before I discuss the application, I'll note that I liked the rubberized top that comes with this polish. It's similar to the cap on the Orly Bonder bottles and it gives you a better grip and thus more control of the brush during application. The first coat of polish went on smoothly. I had to even it out a little but I didn't have trouble working with the polish. However, there were visible brushstrokes because of the formula/finish which you'll have to be careful about. You want to make sure you're painting on the polish so all the brushstrokes are straight and pointed in the same direction. I found the second coat to be a little thicker. The polish still went on smoothly but when I tried to even out the polish, it seems to thicken up and it seemed very easy to overwork the polish and make it gloopy. At two coats, the polish was basically opaque. Three coats of polish would have improved the opacity but I left it at two. Application with my nondominant hand was essentially the same though the polish continued to thicken. For some reason the polish seemed gloopier on some nails and not as thick on others.
Wear: Removal was actually pretty easy for a foil. It was only a little tougher to remove than a normal creme polish. I did experience tip wear fairly quickly. I wore this polish for 5 days and by the end of that period the tip wear was very noticeable.

CONCLUSION: If you're in love with copper polishes, I think you might like this one but I would only recommend getting it if you're buying it on sale. I don't think the formula is spectacular though it is manageable.

P.S. Let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in seeing a comparison between this polish and Essie Penny Talk and Orly Rage. It also reminds me a little of Confetti Debutante.

SWATCHES










No comments:

Post a Comment