Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Vente Privee Sample Sale Report June 2014

Hello bumblebees,

I'm surprised no one else that I follow has covered the Vente Privee Sample Sale at Clothingline yet. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, vente privee is a flash sale site. I really had no idea what to expect when I heard they were having a sample sale. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me give you the important details first. The sale is being held at 231 W. 39th St between 7th and 8th Avenues (second floor). It started yesterday and will continue until tomorrow June 26. Hours are 11:00 am through 7:00 pm.

The sale is grouped by style of apparel. Dresses are in the front and continue along the right hand side of the room. Gowns are hanging to the left. In the center you'll find separates which mainly consist of jackets, tops, and skirts with some pants thrown in. Also on the right hand side, you will find a selection of bras and underwear and at the very back you'll find the shoe section.

As for designers, the sign in the photo reads:
American Vintage, Cheap Monday, Guess, MIH, Tart tops $15, bottoms $20, dresses & jackets $25
Catherine Malandrino, Christopher Fischer, D&G, Diane von Furstenberg, Elizabeth & James, Erin Fetherston, Halston, Jay Godfrey, Just Cavalli, Kiki de Montparnasse, Kooples, Levis, Paul & Joe, Trina Turk, Vera Wang, Y-3 tops $55, bottoms $65, dresses & jackets $70
Armani, Escada, Facconable, Max Mara, Max Sport Ports, Valentino, Wolford tops $60, bottoms $70, dresses & jackets $125

Now I did not check every single label but I did not see anything from American Vintage, Cheap Monday, MIH, or Tart and I only saw Guess items in the shoe section. Maybe they were hidden in the separates racks which I did not check as closely.

$70 dresses dominate at this sale since Diane von Furstenberg and Erin Fetherston make up a lot of what's left on the racks. I also spotted a white fringe dress from Jay Godfrey, some Halston Heritage dresses, a D&G dress, an orange Trina Turk dress, and some jackets and separates from Elizabeth & James. I could not find anything from Malandrino. I think I also spotted a lot of items from Ports 1961.



Diane von Furstenberg Cindy Acorn Lace dress size 6
Trina Turk size 12


Erin Fetherston dresses were mainly in this section.

Gowns




These black and navy blue halter dresses as well as the lilac ones in the photo above were mainly available in size 6 and 8 but I did find some 4's.








Elizabeth and James size 4
Teri Jon size 8

I was surprised to find a lingerie section at this sale. The sign says Cosabella, Elle Macpherson, Honey Dew, Kiki de Montparnasse, Le Mystere, Natori, Oscar De La Renta, Spanx, Tart, and Wolford tights but I mainly saw Natori bras. For once, bras ran large as there were a lot of D's on the racks and they even ran up to DDD.
I was also not expecting to find swimwear but I did. I didn't spend too much time in this section so I don't have much to report.
The sign reads: Adidas, Asics, Bedstu, Bostonian, Bow Tie, Callaway, Dolce Vita, Dr. Martens, Diane von Furstenberg, Elizabeth & James, Guess, JD Fisk, Pour la Victoire, Oak Tree, Puma, Salomon $40

Armani, Missoni, Sergio Rossi, Sandro, Prada, Puma by Alexander McQueen $85

I don't know if there was more merchandise from the other brands yesterday and this morning but once again, DVG dominated in this section. All the boxes with the hot pink trim are DVG.




Heels were high at this sale but I did spot some flats.






Guess heels with rose gold studs
Finally there were some bins in the center mainly containing Wolford tights and Spanx.





Yellow floral Valentino scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment