Sunday, June 24, 2018

Things I Am Currently Obsessed With: Go To Products

Hello darlings!

What!?! I know. It's shocking. I wrote a blog post.

I've been testing products in a very lazy fashion so I don't have full reviews yet and I haven't done my nails in ages except for a short vacation in May. So instead, I thought I'd share with you the top products in my current routine.

Left to Right: MAC Misty Me, KIKO 110, Too Faced Light, Stila Intense Black, Wet n' Wild Blossom Glow

MAC LiquidLast Liner in Misty Me
When I first bought this I was feeling some immediate regret after making an impulse purchase. It's so expensive for such a tiny amount of product. But as I've played around with it, I've become a bit obsessed. This is the most amazing metallic silver liner. It's so bright and bold. You don't need to build it up. You just swipe it on and you've got liquid metal on your eyes. The brush it comes with is not amazing or anything but I haven't had any issues with it. You can do a double line with a black liner but I find that doing a clean wing is a bit tricky when I'm rushing. My favorite way to wear this is to draw a line from my inner corner to halfway or a third of the way across my eye and then finish the rest of the line and the wing with black liner. It gives me the same pop of brightness as an inner corner highlight and keeps basic black liner from looking so heavy.

KIKO Kajal Pencil in 110
I don't know what it is about summer but I always want to play around with aquatic blues. I bought this liner and a nude liner from KIKO to use on the waterline. That did not work out as planned. They smudge. Oh boy, do they smudge. But on the upper lash line, this works great. The formula isn't so firm that it tugs at the eye when you apply it but it does stay in place. It's an easy way to add some color to an eye look and look like you spent more time on your makeup than you did.

Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer
I did not like this at all when I bought it. I actually thought I was going to return it. But I gave it a second chance and now I love it. It's not a perfect color match for me. The shade I have is a bit light but otherwise, I think it's a good medium to high coverage concealer that doesn't feel too heavy and doesn't crease too much under the eyes. I apply it with a damp makeup sponge and if I'm feeling fancy I'll set it with a powder.



Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in 319B Blossom Glow
I've tried Tarte and Becca and Maybelline powders. I've tried L'Oreal drops and I tried to get a hold of the lightest ELF highlighters but they're always out of stock when I check. This is hands down my favorite. If you pale like I am but you don't want to wear an obvious highlighter with a blue or purple or silvery cast, check this out. It's still a bright highlighter but in terms of matching my skintone, it's the only thing I've found that looks at all natural as all the darker highlighters are pink or gold or bronze. I want it to show up so no fan brushes for me. I use a domed AOA brush.

MAC Cleanse Off
It's way too expensive and I hate that they keep raising the price but there's nothing better. I just stop up when there's a sale or a discount code because nothing removes my waterproof eyeliner and mascara like MAC Cleanse Off. Nothing.

Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water
This is a big indulgence but I love it. As a secondary cleansing step after MAC Cleanse Off or to just clean my face before skincare on days when I haven't worn any makeup, nothing beats it. It's the only cleansing water/micellar water I've used that barely has a fragrance and is this gentle on the skin. It feels like water but it takes off makeup and dirt. I just wish that it wasn't so expensive. The Sephora stuff is not bad but it has fragrance and it feels a little astringent. I'm currently testing a Garnier product that's alright so far. I'll keep you updated on how that goes but if I had my choice and cost was not an issue, I'd stick with Koh Gen Do.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
I hesitate to put this on the list. I've tried Kat Von D, Eyeko, and a bunch of drugstore liquid liners... and they all suck. The felt or brush tips aren't as good or they end up bleeding or smudging or they're not as dark. But I feel like with my last Stila order they send me 3 dud liners that are more prone to bleeding than I'm used to. Maybe I got a bad batch or they're trying to push their new liners with the super tiny tip. I don't know what's going on but hopefully it was just a fluke because otherwise, these liners are my favorites for a reason. They are super easy to use. The color is very pigmented and they generally don't smudge under my eyes.

Clinique Cheek Pop in 14 Heather Pop
I haven't hit pan on this yet but I have used it enough to wear away the flower pattern pressed into the blush, which, for me, is impressive. I still reach for Tarte Dollface sometimes but this is my go to blush because it's subtle and buildable and goes with everything. For my skintone, it's a perfect neutral. Not too pink, not too orange, not too red, not too brown. It just gives me a slight flush. The one drawback is that for me, I find that it only applies well with a Real Techniques brush, but that isn't an issue because I have so many of them.

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown/Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Dark Brown
I don't do a ton to my brows and I don't really go for that really clean, carved out look because I generally don't put on a full face of makeup or the kind of eyeshadow that would match that precision. But this is what I use to fill in my brows and I like it. I used to just use black or gray eyeshadow and that was fine but this is a better color match and I use it sparingly so it lasts forever and looks really natural.


No comments:

Post a Comment