Sunday, August 24, 2014

Cosabella Sample Sale Report August 2014

Hi honey bears,
I popped on over to the Cosabella Sample Sale pretty early to scope out all the merchandise for you. But before we get into that, let's get all the boring details out of the way. The sale is taking place from Sunday August 24 through Tuesday August 26. Hours are 11:00 am to 6:00 pm on Sunday and 11:00 am to 7:00 pm on Monday and Tuesday. It is being held at the Cosabella flagship store in New York at 220 Lafayette Street between Spring and Kenmare. They are only taking credit cards... Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Now that we've gotten that out of the way, as with previous Cosabella sample sales, you want to head all the way to the back of the shop past the curtains. There are sale items on the racks to the side but they are not part of the sample sale. I was drawn to the rack of nude bras that are true nudes as they come in a wide range of flesh tones.
The sale wasn't too chaotic when it opened. I'd say there were about 10-15 girls shopping at one time but the back room is small so things might be a little cramped. There is no changing area but some girls were trying on items. Dress accordingly if you're planning on trying things on. Items are arranged on racks and in bins. There's no real rhyme or reason to it. I'd suggest going to the sale with some idea of what you want. There's everything from your standard bras and thongs and hot pants to regular apparel like dresses, tops, and pants. There's also swimwear. Another good way to navigate is by color. If you're a fan of brightly colored unmentionables, this the sale for you.
Bra/Wire $45
Among all the bras I found a decent range of sizes. I saw everything from a 32B to a 36D. I think there were also some 32DD's among the softbras in the bins. Generally I think C's are going to do the best at this sale but it really depends on the style and color that you want. The band size range was 32-36 though and though I checked many tags I did not find any A's or anything above the DD's.


Clothing items and camisoles generally favor smalls and mediums but I did find some larges here and there. Again, it depends on the style and color you're looking for.












Swimwear

Swimwear Bottoms $30
Swimwear One Piece $60

Among the one pieces I found some with fairly revealing cutouts that would show almost as much as a two piece but also simpler more tube-like maillots with spaghetti straps. There were solid pieces and also brightly colored patterns. I spotted a lot of mediums and small cup sizes that I assume were smalls but there were a handful of larges.
One Piece $60
I'm not sure if this was a bridal section but I'm sure you could find some items for your trousseau. Are we still doing that?
Bras/Wire $45
Dresses $70

I didn't find anything wildly exciting in this dress bin. This isn't really a clothing sale though you might find some soft T-shirts or pants to either wear out or wear as pajamas.









No comments:

Post a Comment