Sunday, August 17, 2014

REVIEW of Cult Nails Lacquer in Tempest With SWATCHES

Hello darlings,

I tell you, I've found it! I've finally found my perfect white creme polish! When I placed my order during a recent Cult Nails sale I thought I was crazy to be buying another white nail polish that all the blogs promised would apply beautifully. Been there, done that. Actually, I went a step further and took this on vacation to do a polish change with the most basic of nail kits with me. And I had no problems! Well, that might be a slight exaggeration. Let's get into it.

Color: Cult Nails Tempest is a white creme polish. It's a stark white, the most basic shade you'd want if you were looking for a white for nail art or a white polish to mix with other colors. However, it still retains the creaminess of a creme polish. The best way I can explain it is that it doesn't look like I've painted my nails with white out. It lacks the flatness of just using an acrylic paint. I am in love with it. If you want to try out the mod nail look that was so popular a while ago, this is polish I'd recommend.
Formula: I don't find the consistency noticeably thin or thick. It's probably on the thinner side if I absolutely had to vote one way or the other.
Application: This polish goes on super smoothly. It doesn't apply like any other white or pastel I've tried. It applies like a creme polish with a good formula. There was a little bit of streakiness and unevenness on the second coat but it was very minimal and the third coat fixed things right up. I applied three coats for full opacity. I thought the Seche Vite I applied as a top coat was messing things up a little so I didn't apply top coat to my middle nail. That's why it looks a bit weird in the photos. I don't think this is an issue with Seche Vite or this polish. I just keep getting bottles of Seche Vite that are full of bubbles.
Wear: I applied this polish on August 3rd. By the ninth, I had noticed tip wear. Basically at the edges where I wrapped the tips of my nails, all the polish was gone. Also my nails had grown quite a bit so there was growth at the cuticles. For some reason there were weird slices in two of my nails kind of like if you'd dragged a key or a nail file through the polish. I can't remember what I did to cause the damage. I removed the polish the next night. There was still a little bit of shine but it was considerably duller than when I had originally applied it.

CONCLUSION: I think you know what I'm going to say. These are unbelievable results for a white polish. I absolutely recommend this one and when I run out of it, I'll probably be getting some more backups.
Please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through one of my links. Regardless of what you purchase, as long as you start your shopping trip by clicking one of the links of my page, I will get a small percentage of the revenue at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support.
SWATCHES










This damage was only caused because I was in a rush and wasn't able to wait as long as I normally do in between coats. I ended up redoing this nail as soon as I got back to the hotel but I thought I'd throw the photo in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment