Friday, February 20, 2015

REVIEW of Zoya Tinsley With SWATCHES

Hello socialites,


I am still a little out of it. This cold isn't really draining my energy but having to blow my nose every other minute is not fun. Still, I'm determined to start getting out these polish reviews whether my camera and photo-editing software feel like cooperating or not. I held back on buying Tinsley when it first came out but hearing so much positive word of mouth I decided to add it to a Zoya haul during some promotion or other. You know how it goes.

Color: Zoya Tinsley is a shimmery warm pink polish. Is it a foil or a flakie or a shimmer or a glitter? I don't know. It's a thin polish but a sparkly one. It doesn't have the base or density of particles that I'd associate with one particular finish. It's also difficult to describe the color. In normal light I'd call it a a warm pink polish with flecks of gold embedded in it. It's not a duochrome but because of all the gold, it can appear quite warm and orange-y. At night in artificial light it takes on a new penny copper quality. Basically, it is what it is. Yeah, sick me is not having any of it.
Formula: The formula is very thin and sheer.
Application: The first coat applied sheer but very sparkly. The polish went on smoothly but it wasn't easy to even out. The polish ended up thicker where the brushstrokes overlapped. The second coat of polish increased the opacity but the polish was still nowhere near opaque. At three coats, the polish was still nowhere near opaque.
Wear: I wore this polish for about five days. It didn't wear particularly well. It didn't chip but I got tip wear quickly, especially since I wasn't able to really wrap the tips of my nails.

CONCLUSION: Personally, I'm not a fan of this polish. I might wear it again but it's not one that you have to have in your collection. Application isn't great. Wear isn't great. And it's very, very sheer. I like the polish when it's pink with gold flecks but the orange and copper color it can take on loses me completely. It's not flattering with my skin tone. I would only get this one if you're really in love with the color.
SWATCHES








No comments:

Post a Comment