Tuesday, February 3, 2015

REVIEW of Sephora By OPI in Queen of Everything

Hello cupcakes,


It is finally time for my review of Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in Queen of Everything. And yes, I'll admit a significant percentage of the reason why I picked it up was because of the name. And also because the finds at the Big Lots I visited in San Francisco were rather disappointing. It's not like I needed another silver polish. Though, let's be honest, at this point it's not like I need most the polishes I'm buying. I could be a gypsy manicurist if anyone would let me near their nails without a license.

Color: Queen of Everything is a silver metallic polish. Call it a frost. Call it a shimmer. Call it a chrome. It really doesn't matter. It's your basic silver polish with a smooth finish and visible brushstrokes.
Formula: The polish is a little bit thick.
Application: The first coat of polish glided on very smoothly though the brushstrokes were immediately apparent. Also immediately apparent was the terrible and potent chemical smell. I mostly do my own manicures so it's not like I'm a stranger to the scents that various polishes and nail care products give off. But this was offensive enough to have me choking on the fumes. The second coat also went on smoothly but with visible brushstrokes. This is one of those polishes that requires careful application. On short nails this polish was almost opaque in two coats. I added a third for full opacity. I will note that while this polish goes on pretty smoothly, it gets harder to keep things neat with each successive coat so I would not recommend overworking this one with your brush or adding any more coats that necessary. You could also try waiting longer in between each coat.

CONCLUSION: I wouldn't enthusiastically recommend this polish but if you want a basic silver for your collection and you can get this cheaply it might be worth picking up. I think I only paid two or three dollars for this bottle. I have flashier silvers but this is a nice alternative when you want that color without grabbing too much attention.

SWATCHES







No comments:

Post a Comment