Friday, July 29, 2011

REVIEW of Essie's Turquoise & Caicos and Geranium

Now, I don't have great swatches for this review. I would suggest checking out other blogs since there are plenty of swatches floating around. Though, essentially, both colors are pretty true to the color in the bottle which I've been loving about Essie lately.

Turquoise & Caicos was very watery. The first two coats applied streaky and slid into my cuticles. Somehow on the third coat, it went on smooth and opaque. On some nails I did have to go over bare areas with a fourth coat. But with all that...I really like the color and the finished product. The watery consistency makes clean-up more of a bother than usual but also gets the polish into the corners which is usually a problem for me.


Overall: Watery formula, gorgeous color (same as in the bottle). I'm willing to put up with the formula but this isn't a polish you need to run out and get if you have something similar.

I applied Geranium to my toenails but all the pictures make it look orange. It's also pretty much the same color as in the bottle and a bright red/red orange. If you want something with orange or coral, this won't be for you. If you want a bright, fun red that's bright enough to have some edge, try Geranium. This formula was also really watery but it was opaque by the first coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment