Monday, April 8, 2013

Confetti Long Wearing Nail Color in 06 I 3 U

Hello my little ladybugs,


Before we begin, I need to clarify that the name of this Confetti polish is I <3 U. But for some reason I can't use "<" in the heading of this post without the title disappearing. Or in my labels. It actually might be a miracle if anyone who doesn't already follow this blog finds this review. So, now that we've gotten that out of the way, I'm sure you're wondering, did I <3 this polish? Well... Yes and no. You know I'm always a little more forgiving of Confetti polishes.

Color: Confetti I <3 U is a cream-colored frost polish. I call it cream because even though I am not familiar with all the Home Depot paint chip varieties, I know enough to know this shouldn't be called a white frost polish. The frost isn't harsh or glittery to me. Instead, it gives the polish a shimmery, almost buttery quality, especially when the lighting is a bit yellow and the polish actually looks like a very pale luminescent butter. At other times, usually in direct sunlight, the polish appears like a cream satin, as though I've somehow managed to cover my nails in fabric. Up close, the polish looks a bit grittier and you can see the microglitter/shimmer but for the most part, it just looks like a solid color.
Formula: The formula is nice, not really too thick or too thin.
Application: Because this polish has a frost finish, it's not going to be very forgiving. I can definitely see the overlapping brushstrokes. That said, because this isn't a thick formula, you don't get that unfortunate gloopy effect and under most lighting conditions, the polish reflects the light in such a way that you don't notice the brushstrokes. I thought 2 coats could be sufficient for most people but I used 3 for these swatches as it looked better. I just prefer higher coverage (and sometimes I need it if I've been doing a lot of swatching).

CONCLUSION: I would definitely recommend this polish, especially if you're looking for a cheaper dupe of a cream frost polish. I've noticed higher end brands putting out similar colors. I won't say the formula is perfect but it's pretty easy to work with and I really like the effect.

SWATCHES (I was rushing and didn't wait long enough between coats for the polish to dry so two of my nails are a bit dinged. Sorry about that.)









No comments:

Post a Comment