Wednesday, April 10, 2013

REVIEW of Clinique Chubby Stick in 16 Voluptuous Violet With SWATCHES

Hi chickadees!
So, was my experience with Clinique's Chubby Stick in Oversized Orange just a fluke? Not if Clinique's Chubby Stick in Voluptuous Violet is anything to go by. Where Oversized Orange was the lip product I was reaching for the most in the summer, Voluptuous Violet was my go-to color for the fall/winter. It can go berry or (if you really build up the color) you can definitely get a stronger sense of the purple if you pair it with the right makeup and outfit colors.

It's a bit strange to pick up a purple lip balm and think of it as an every day color but because the product is so sheer, I find that it goes with just about everything.You just have to be careful if you want to go for a very dramatic eye look or bold cheeks when you build up this lippie because together it can look a bit overwhelming. I've been having a lot of issues in the past few months with dryness and allergic reactions to the products I've been testing. This product is perfect for those times because you get a bit of color but it won't catch in any flakies or accentuate the dryness of your lips.

Link to Oversized Orange Review: http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2012/09/review-of-clinique-chubby-stick-in-12.html

My opinion of the product is basically the same as my opinion of Oversized Orange, though I find Voluptuous Violet glides on a little more smoothly. Both products keep my lips nicely moisturized and provide a sheer wash of color. But I liked Voluptuous Violet so much that I bought a backup after only using it for a few months.

Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page.
SWATCHES (partial shade, sunlight, shade)

Bare lips for reference
Swatches taken in partial shade (The sunlight was so bright that shadows were being cast.)
Swatches taken in direct sunlight
Swatches taken in the shade

No comments:

Post a Comment