Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vivienne Westwood Sample Sale Report April 2014

Hello bunnies,

Whew! Two down, one to go. We can do this. Vivienne Westwood was actually my first stop of the day. This sale is gigantic but it was relatively calm when I stopped by late this afternoon. The sale is being held on the sixth floor of 20 W 36th St. Yes, I mean the entire sixth floor. The sale will continue to run until Sunday April 13, opening every day at 10:00 am and closing at 6:00 pm.

For once, there's actually a decent sized men's section for a non-Hugo Boss sale. Guys, you will find shirts, lots of jackets, and maybe a rack or two of pants on the far right side of the room. I didn't pay much attention to the sizes but like everything else at this sale, most of the items are still a few hundred dollars. However, if that's in your price range, this sale might be worth a look.

Next to the men's section you will find a ton of handbags. There was a nice variety in size from smaller wallets to medium sized bags to larger bags as well as style with more conservative black patent leather bags to colorful prints. Items are individually tagged with prices. If there isn't a written tag then the price is half of whatever the tagged price is. No, I don't understand that either but that's what I was told and that's what my notes say. As with apparel, the items I checked were still fairly expensive. Wallets were still marked as $300 though I'm not sure if that was the tagged price or if you were suppose to halve that price.







I drifted through the women's section checking out the merchandise but I didn't do an exhaustive search as I had two other sales to cover. Of the items I checked, I would say that this sale is dominated by size 40 items in all sections including skirts, tops, dresses, and outerwear. I did see some size 38's and some size 42's but if you're outside of that range, I'm not really sure you're going to find anything here. Prices ranged from $300 all the way up to $1500 for outerwear.





















There was also a section with shoes and smaller wallets.

Final information dump: There is a coat and bag check and this time I did have to check my bag as well. They are accepting both cash and credit at this sale. Yes, there are dressing rooms available at this sale. I asked about restocking and couldn't get a confirmation either way but given the size of the sale, I would guess that they don't have a lot of extra inventory hidden somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment