Sunday, July 13, 2014

REVIEW of Sinful Colors Professional Nail Colour in 1199 Song of Summer With SWATCHES

Hi chickens,
I know I've been letting the days go by without posting for a while. Sorry about that! I've been working on some non-blog related things, and probably doing more online shopping than I should be. Damn those fourth of July sales! Anyway, I'm back with a review of Sinful Colors Song of Summer which I actually picked up ages ago when I still visited the drugstore on a regular basis. It seemed a shame to let summer go by without trying it out so that's what I did.

Out of curiosity, what's your song of summer? I was thinking it would come from the new Lana del Ray album but while I liked it, nothing really jumped out at me. And even though I like Lights Out more than I liked Human Again nothing on it sounds as good as the best Ingrid Michaelson songs from her earlier albums. Alone Again by Betty Who has been my jam lately but I was hoping for more of a mindless pop song to associate with summer 2014. Moving on...

Color: Sinful Colors Song of Summer is a light green creme polish. It's not quite light enough to be a pastel as the yellow in it makes it a brighter spring green. But it also isn't an in your face aggressive color. It reminds me of the artificial shade of green that I associate with cheap pistachio gelato but just a bit dustier and more muted. The photos are color accurate so you don't need me blathering on about it.
Formula: The formula was a little thick. It wasn't horrible and gloopy, it was just noticeably on the thicker side.
Application: The first coat applied smoothly. As the formula is a little thick you might have to even out the polish a little with the brush but I would be careful about doing that as it doesn't even out perfectly. There's no drag but it's just tricky to even out the polish without the brush creating ridges in the layer of polish you just painted on. The second coat also went on smoothly. This polish is very manageable. I only ran into problems trying to even out the polish but even then, it wasn't too much of a hassle. In a pinch, you could get away with two coats but a light test revealed that the polish still wasn't opaque so I did three to achieve full opacity.
Wear: I wore this polish for six days and experienced very minimal wear in that time. I only removed this polish because I was doing someone else's nails without gloves and messed up my manicure with polish remover.

CONCLUSION: I would recommend this polish. It doesn't apply perfectly but it's totally manageable if you've got good control and the formula is pretty good for a lighter creme polish. The price is right with Sinful Colors polishes only costing a dollar or two depending on when and where you purchase them and if there any sales or store rewards you can apply. I would probably chose this polish over the similar Essie and Zoya shades that I have in my collection. If you'd like me to do a comparison to those polishes and maybe also OPI Gargantuan Green Grape and Butter London Bossy Boots, let me know in the comments.
Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page. I will get a small percentage of anything you purchase through one of my links at no extra cost to you.

SWATCHES









No comments:

Post a Comment