Wednesday, January 14, 2015

REVIEW of Sephora Color Hit Nail Polish in Psychedelic

Hello mushrooms,


How are you? I'm fine. I swear. Those of you who have been following this blog for a while may find it odd that I'm reviewing a light purple polish in the middle of January but I promise, it's still me. We all need a palate cleanser every so often and sometimes we also throw random things into our carts when Sephora is having a sale. If you read my recent Sephora Extra20 Haul post, you'll know that I picked up this polish during that promotion. As far as I can tell, the reason these polishes were on sale is that Sephora is no longer carrying them. Actually, Sephora might have abandoned all of their own polish lines all together. Nevertheless, I'm sure if you put your minds to it, you'd be able to find this polish somewhere.

Color: Sephora Psychedelic is a light purple creme polish. It's not light enough to be a pastel and it's not dusty enough to be a lavender. I guess it's closest to lilac but that doesn't seem quite right either. I'm not sure how to explain it but there's something poppy about this polish without it being all that bright. It's a candy color. It's a color you'd use in a fantasy cartoon world. It's not aggressive or in your face but it's got a quality that gets your attention.
Formula: The formula on this polish is on the thinner side.
Application: The first coat of this polish glided onto the nail very smoothly though it was sheer. The second coat also went on smoothly though the brush created shallow ridges in the polish if I applied a bit too much pressure or didn't have enough polish on the brush. At three coats, I still had no major application issues but a light test revealed that the polish was not opaque and that application was a little patchy. Though I hate doing it, I added a fourth coat which helped with the patchiness though the polish still was not opaque.
Wear: I wore this polish for a few days. It was probably around five or six days. I experienced notable tip wear but it was the even kind and not the kind where the polish chips away. It was enough for me to notice but not enough to cause any concern about how the polish holds up. My manicure also did start to appear dull and lacking in shine towards the end of the wear period.
CONCLUSION: Wearing the polish I actually didn't notice the lack of complete opacity and personally, this is one of the more flattering shades of purple that I've tried. With a steady hand, you'll be able to get pretty nice, even results, especially for a light purple like this. Even though it lacks opacity, I would still recommend this polish if you can get a hold of it. I prefer it to the other light purples I own though if you make a request in the comments, I can always do a comparison to see how they stack up.

SWATCHES











No comments:

Post a Comment