Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January Ipsy Glam Bag

Hi chickadees!

My January Ipsy Glam Bag finally came in the mail a day or two ago. I was getting worried that it was never going to show up. I like the bag this month. It's nice and sturdy but not so nice that I would be reluctant to put makeup in it. I actually think this would be a great bag to put liquids and skincare items in while traveling and the bag's design would make it easy to remember what was in it.


I only have one real makeup product this month which is a Tinted Lip Balm in #5 Natural from MICA Beauty Cosmetics. It's a dusty rose/mauve pink kind of color which I haven't tried yet because my lips are a mess and I'm currently trying to get them to heal so I can continue testing the products in my current rotation. However, I can already tell that this probably won't be my kind of color.
direct sunlight
shade

I suppose you could call the yaby natural finish liquid foundation in buff a makeup product but I put it in the skincare category. Not that it matters as I don't use a lot of foundation anyway. My skin tends to be very dry and the last thing you want to put on dry, flaky skin is foundation. And I always go back to my old L'Oreal liquid foundations on the few times that I need a full coverage foundation. Still, the yaby foundation they sent me seems like a good match for my skin and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm actually curious about yaby after seeing it mentioned in a Refinery29 post. Apparently it's a Canadian brand and the shipping to the US is ridiculous or I would have gotten some of the single pan eyeshadows to try as they're super cheap compared to similar products from brands like MAC and Inglot.


OK, now onto the skincare. I received four Mark Fading Pads from Rodan & Fields proactiv + which are pre-moistened towelettes with a salicylic acid treatment. I'm a little scared of these. I don't have perfect skin. My skin is very dry and I occasionally get blemishes, though mine tend to be hormonal and I tend to get little bumps under the skin instead of big, inflamed cysts. I don't really have scars or discoloration from the pimples I have had but I'll do a little research into these and see if there's a way for me to try them out. If I was going to get some kind of acne treatment I would have preferred a spot treatment to dry up blemishes. I'm also not sure how I'll react to the salicylic acid as I haven't really used acne treating products so I don't know which ones will work for me and which ones I might have a negative reaction to.



This month's hair product is a Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair deep conditioning mask. I'm actually feeling positive about this one. I still haven't really used the spray clay (what is it for?) or the argan oil (what am I supposed to do with it?) but this deep conditioning mask makes sense to me and it's a good little sample.


Lastly I received a Purifying Exfoliant from epice. I'm reluctant to add new things into my skincare routine because I'm never sure if I'll have a negative reaction but I've been meaning to find a good exfoliator for a while now, especially with how dry and flaky my skin is in the winter. I've tried a lot of different things in the past that haven't worked for me but maybe this will the product I've been looking for. I also just picked up a konjac face sponge so I'll have to decide which one I'll integrate into my routine first.

Are you subscribed to ipsy? What did you think of this month's glam bag? Let me know in the comments and I'll see you again next month. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment