Tuesday, January 14, 2014

REVIEW of Zoya Veruschuka With SWATCHES

Hello darlings,


Today I thought I'd share my Christmas manicure with you but I'm afraid I don't know what this polish is called. Is it Veruschka? Is it Veruschuka? The internet refuses to confirm one name over the other. This has been very frustrating. For the sake of this post, we'll go with Veruschuka because that's the name on the website. It's possible they changed the name with the re-release. Speaking of the re-release, Zoya Veruschuka is now available for a limited time with the rest of the Zoya Matte Velvet polishes. I pre-ordered mine because I'm a crazy person and I've been wanting to try this polish out for a while.

Color: Zoya Veruschuka is a matte dark green polish. I would call it an emerald green with brighter green microglitter. In its matte phase, the microglitter is a bit duller and gives the polish a kind of quiet depth so it looks a little different from a simple green creme polish with a layer of matte top coat. It's almost as though the shimmer is trapped inside the matte emerald green polish. The photos below communicate this quite well. In person, you do see that depth but I find that it's less apparent in dim light. Indoors, especially at night, this polish does look a little flat and like a basic matte polish. I'm not sure you'd even notice the shimmer across the table from someone wearing this polish. With top coat, this polish comes alive and seems very festive to me. It's a beautiful shade for Christmas but there are plenty of times when this color would be appropriate. A beautiful polish is always appropriate.
Formula: Zoya Veruschuka has a thicker formula.
Application: The first coat glided on smoothly without any dragging though I did have to even out the polish a bit and it didn't apply perfectly. I found that it helped to have a bit more polish on the brush so I didn't have to even it out as much. When I adjusted my technique, the polish applied more smoothly. You can work with this polish a little and go over it with the brush to even it out but as this is a matte polish it starts to dry more quickly than a regular creme polish so you don't have a ton of time to work with it. By the time you finish painting all the nails on one hand, the nail you started with is dry to the touch. I didn't find that the thickness of the polish affected how smoothly the polish glided over the nail. On my second coat I didn't have any application issues. However, the polish was still not opaque and alight test revealed some streakiness. I added a third coat, again without any application issues. The polish was fully opaque at three coats.

CONCLUSION: Yes, I would recommend this polish. It applies beautifully and glides very smoothly over the nail as long as you have enough polish on the brush. I think it looks nice matte or with a shiny top coat. Also, I have a personal love of greens and I find this very flattering for my skintone.

Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page.
SWATCHES

Matte
Matte
Matte
Matte
Matte
Matte
Matte
Matte
Matte
Matte Indoors
Matte Indoors
With Seche Vite
With Seche Vite
With Seche Vite
With Seche Vite
With Seche Vite
With Seche Vite
With Seche Vite
With Seche Vite
With Seche Vite


No comments:

Post a Comment