Saturday, January 18, 2014

REVIEW of Sephora by OPI Leotard Optional With SWATCHES

Hello peanuts,

I've got a quick review for you today. This polish also came from the Sephora by OPI Tinsel Town Collector's Set I mentioned purchasing in my review of Sephora by OPI A True Romantic.

Color: Leotard Optional is a dusty rose creme polish. Like A True Romantic, even though you would probably call it a "pink" polish, the reason I like it is because of how much it isn't just a pink polish. When I look at this polish it seems to have a good deal of brown in it (whether that makes any sense or not). I guess it has a bit of a mauve quality. Indoors with the yellow-ish lighting in my house it can look like a light tan, mainly at night. The more natural night, the more pink the polish appears, and the more artificial light, the more brown this polish appears. I think this a fantastic sort of neutral polish for me. Sometimes very pale polishes look jarring against my skintone and Leotard Optional just has a very relaxed vibe.
Formula: The formula isn't noticeably thick or thin. If I had to make the call, I'd say it's a thinner polish.
Application: This polish applies smoothly without any drag but it is also streaky. I wouldn't try and work with it too much with the brush. I applied three coats of polish and my manicure still wasn't opaque. While I will sometimes do more coats for a light nude or a glitter I refuse to do more coats (beyond three) for a creme like this.

CONCLUSION: I would have recommended this polish if it wasn't so damn sheer and streaky. While I do like the color of this polish, I can't recommend it based on the formula. However, if, for some reason, you don't mind streaky polishes that are not opaque at three coats, go ahead and get Leotard Optional. I will be looking for a good dupe.

SWATCHES


Outdoors/Natural Light
 Outdoors/Natural Light
 Outdoors/Natural Light
 Outdoors/Natural Light
 Outdoors/Natural Light
 Outdoors/Natural Light
 Outdoors/Natural Light
 Outdoors/Natural Light
 Indoors/Artificial Light
 Indoors/Natural Light/Early Morning
 Indoors/Natural Light/Afternoon
  Indoors/Natural Light/Afternoon
Light Test
I usually don't show you what the light test looks like but since this polish looks fine in the swatches, I wanted to show you the light test so you could see how sheer and streaky it was. I usually don't use the flashlight but it's clearer in this photo than in the other two. The last two photos represent how I do my normal light tests.
Light test

No comments:

Post a Comment