Monday, February 17, 2014

Update

Hi chickadees,

I've been a little quiet for a few days so I just wanted to fill you in on what's been happening with me. But first, what's been happening with you? Did you have a nice Valentine's Day? Did you stay home watching Neftlix? Did you forget that Valentine's Day happens in the middle of February? I went out (my mistake) and it's completely beyond me why the "most romantic day of the year" is supposed to take place on February 14. What is so romantic about trudging through the slush and ice and falling into a puddle of cold water?

I salvaged the week by visiting the Brooklyn Museum to tour the John Paul Gaultier exhibition that will be closing soon. If you're in the area and you haven't seen the exhibit yet, I would highly recommend making the trip. The lines are long but worth it. I didn't find the actual exhibit all that great. It wasn't organized terribly well and there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the set up. There was no journey or flow, no message being communicated. But the actual pieces in the exhibit were gorgeous and thought-provoking, if a little overwhelming after a while. My photos from inside the exhibit aren't very good. If you search around on other blogs, you'll probably find better quality photos. Racked NY has a particularly good post. But I will leave you with one piece I fell in love with. I'm such a sucker for fashion that incorporates wheat.

I have many, many swatches to sort through but there are two particularly pretty Zoya polishes I will be reviewing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment