Saturday, August 13, 2011

Failed Products

Just a few words on products I've tried recently and had to return.

Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Glossy Spray- Completely ineffective. It didn't kill all the volume in my hair like the John Freida cream I tried but it didn't tame flyaways, hold my style, or make my hair any shinier. It did deflate the volume of my hair a bit.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss in 162 Blushing Berry I actually loved the color of this. It applied smoothly and evenly. I was ready to write a post about it being my new favorite drugstore berry shade but...I had some kind of allergic reaction to it. No one else seems to have had issues with it but it made my lips tingle/burn and dried them out so they now feel like a sort of rough crepe paper. I've been letting them heal by alternating between Vaseline and my favorite Dior Addict lipgloss (review to come soon).

L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss in 158 Peach Fuzz  I had the same negative reaction to this gloss but I did not like the color. It's looks like you've applied a sheer, peachy gloss but there's something off about it. I think orange lip color works best in a more opaque form.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Peach Fuzz No problems with application or allergic reactions with this one, I just hated the color. It came out very frosty and very shimmery. Not the work appropriate neutral I was hoping for. Also, even though it applied smoothly and didn't dry out my lips, they looked dry when I had it on.

Physicians Formula Magic Mosaic Bronzer I have light-colored Asian skin. For reference, I use L'Oreal TruMatch in shade n2. I found this bronzer rather useless. The brush it comes with barely picks up any pigment. Just using my fingers to swipe on color, even concentrating only on the darker circles in the pan I couldn't really get anything to show up on my face.

Revlon Photoready Compact makeup I know this gets great reviews but I hated it when I tried it. It is way waaaay too shimmery. The texture is also terrible on my dry skin which I've heard from some people so if you have oily or combination skin it may work better on you. It just looked thick and unnnatural and greasy and well...disgusting. It comes with a pad like a flat makeup sponge but I didn't like it because it seemed to absorb too much of the product.

EOS Honeydew Lip Balm Again, a lot of online reviewers love this but I was not impressed. Yes, it smells lovely. Yes, it tastes lovely. But I don't need my lip product to be appetizing and edible. I just need it to do its job. Also, more enticingly edible and fragment lip products tempt you to keep licking your lips which will make dry lips worse. But that wasn't the problem. The problem is that this applies in a very waxy, drying way. When I'm applying it, it drags my lips and while I have it on, it's a thick, heavy, waxy shield. When I remove it, my lips are drier than when I applied it and skin will peel or crack a bit. I have a friend who bought another variety, the red one, which I think is some kind of berry/fruit flavor who has the same issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment