Tuesday, August 30, 2011

O.P.I. Mimosas For Mr. and Mrs. REVIEW and swatches

Yay! My camera is working again! To celebrate and because I am a crazy person who cannot help stopping by the nearest drugstores (I know where they all are now...it is becoming a problem) I have decided to celebrate with a new review. After the horrendous experience of picking glitter off my nails when the cotton ball/aluminum foil trick wasn't enough to remove Deborah Lippmann's "Across the Universe" (next time I will try using Essie midnight cami as a base and then just doing a coat or two of glitter) I decided to put off trying some of my darker fall shades and instead go for a nice nude.

Now, I don't like pink. At all. And I don't like nude/beige/muted shades in general as they tend to wash me out. My skin isn't really cool or warm but takes its cue from my makeup/nail polish/clothing shades.

Because I don't have much experience with nudes I don't know how much help I'll be but here are my thoughts regardless... I really like this polish. My opinion changes depending on the lighting but in sunlight and white fluorescent light it looks very refined and sophisticated. It's a pale peach but it has a certain degree of warmth to it and it brings out the dusky, cool tones in my skin. It makes my hands look darker/more tan in dim or yellow lighting so you kind of get two different looks from this polish.

Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. 
If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase through amazon.com through the links on my page. 
 
Time for swatches!

How gorgeous is this? And while this looks very spring-appropriate and girly, nudes work all year round because they are so close to your skintone. It's like doing natural eye makeup.




Eh...not loving as much.

Application. I do not have a lot of luck picking O.P.I. shades except for I'm Not Really a Waitress. Otherwise, all the others have been sheer and watery. This one was similar but definitely much better. At 3 coats, everything was pretty even and slightly sheer. I had to do some cleanup in the corners but it didn't just bleed into my cuticles. I recommend doing light coats and just building color as frustrating as that might be. I ended up doing 4 coats because I wanted to see if I could get it opaque and because the 3 coats on my thumb weren't even (my fault). I wouldn't run out to get this but it's a nice nude light pink nevertheless. If many of your drugstores are like mine and mostly carry pinks and reds and you like my swatches, go ahead and pick this up. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment