Tuesday, October 11, 2011

H&M Fall 2011 Conscious Collection: Thoughts

Pictures available at fabsurgar.com: http://www.fabsugar.com/HM-Fall-Conscious-Collection-Fall-2011-19751891

I do not have pictures for you, but I have a report. I trekked out to H&M yesterday in the middle of my insane Immunology catch-up study session to get 1 thing using that coupon for 25% off 1 item. Of course I instead got 2 dresses and a skirt (still coming out to under $100) including the really adorable skirt you can see in these ad campaigns for the Conscious Collection. I love, love, love it. It's perfect for fall and strikes that balance (difficult for a large floral print) between feminine and fashionable and Hawaiian and tropical. I'm just in love with the colors, a rich rusty mahogany, burgandy red and a peachy, yellow cream. It makes me think of apple cider and magnolias if that makes any sense at all. Essentially, if you want a good staple fall skirt that still keeps it interesting, I recommend heading over to H&M to check it out. I also like that it feels pretty sturdy, like a good longterm investment, which is not how I would categorize the majority of my purchases from H&M.

I also tried on the dress from the collection in a similar fabric but though it fit I wasn't in love with it. The tight waist, rounded hips and low back are gorgeous. In fact, everything I was loving on this trip made me feel like an old-fashioned screen siren. I do not know what suddenly got into the designers at H&M but they'll hear no complaints from me. However, I do think that if you're petite or have anything but a washboard flat stomach the cut of that skirt isn't going to do anything good for you. Also, it's constructed so rigidly that sitting and then standing is going to be a bit of problem. If you're going to a cocktail party where you'll spend the whole evening standing though, go for it, because it's a gorgeous dress. A for design, B- for construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment