Friday, October 14, 2011

Review of Zoya's Cynthia with Swatches

I'm so sorry, my dears! I don't have a straight swatch of Zoya's Cynthia for you. I applied it, got bored with it in 2 days, tried to embellish it with a gold French manicure and then just gave up and switched colors. These first two pictures as as true to life as I could get but there are plenty of good swatches available...I should know as I looked them up before purchasing. I shot in natural light FYI.
The color appears a bit more green than it was in actuality. I would describe the color as a navy blue if you just glanced at it though it was really more of a very, very dark teal. There was something sexy and understated about the color but it just wasn't working for me. I would have liked it to be a little less dark so you could tell it was blue because most of the time it just looked like off-black polish as you can see in the following pictures.



Application wasn't terrible on my left hand but when I went to do my right hand it was not working at all. I would say the formula is pretty good. 2 coats opaque, 3 coats to fix mistakes and clean up any blank patches. I do think that application could have gone better as I haven't had any problems applying polish to my right hand recently with the formulas I've raved about.

Would I repurchase? Maybe. I don't think the color is very unique and the formula didn't impress me but Zoya, Essie, and O.P.I. polishes all hover around the same price. If I had another Zoya coupon I might repurchase. Otherwise, I'll just stick to the similar Essie and O.P.I. colors I can pick up at the drugstore. The Essie Winter 2011 collection seems to have some nice blues. I'm looking forward to trying them out.






No comments:

Post a Comment