Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review of Essie's Lady Like with Swatches



It seems like everytime I write about a nude or pink shade lately it's to express my surprise at how much I like something I always passed over because I disliked the color or thought it wouldn't be flattering. That is kind of the case for Lady Like, a muted, dusky pink shade from Essie's Fall 2011 collection. Kind of. I have moments when I catch a glimpse of my nails from the corner of my eye and my gaze is drawn by as I marvel at how chic and mature my hands look with their new manicure. At other times I look down and I feel a little depressed at the understated color and the way its coolness ages my hands and makes them look dry and muted in color and tone as well.



The odd thing is that at night under indoor lighting my nails go right to a camel/iced coffee color. I don't hate the color but I don't love it and it might be upsetting if you really want the color of Ladylike in the bottle on your nails regardless of the lighting.

Application was decent. It wasn't as great as some of the other polishes in the collection but it evened out by around 3 coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment