Sunday, March 17, 2013

REVIEW of OPI Samoan Sand With SWATCHES

Hello my darlings!


I can finally write a post with some good swatches again. Thank goodness. I picked up OPI Samoan Sand in a drugstore.com haul even though it seems to always be available at every drugstore with a OPI section. Even though I"ve never been a nude polish kind of girl there was just something about the swatches I'd seen that had me captivated, especially when I saw how this looked with a matte top coat. I haven't tried that out yet but I did wear this polish for quite a while and I think it's a perfect foundation nail polish shade for me. You know, that color that's a shade or two off from the foundation you wear? There's something that looks so polished about it.

Color: OPI Samoan Sand is a light sandy, peachy beige creme polish. It reminds me of my foundation and I used to wear L'Oreal n2 so it's a pretty pale shade. I feel like depending on the lighting it can take on more of a yellow tone or more of a pink tone.
Formula: Like other OPI polishes, this one is definitely on the thinner, less viscous side but I wouldn't call it remarkably watery or gloopy.
Application: The first coat was pretty smooth, though a bit streaky on the thumb. The second coat was also smooth, though I did feel like the brush was prone to making ridges in the polish if it wasn't held flat and flush with the surface of the nail. At two coats, I thought opacity was decent but I felt like I needed a third for full opacity. On my third coat, I feel like ridges were more of a problem but it was easy to smooth over imperfections. It wasn't a perfect formula but I felt like it was manageable. When I was painting with my nondominant hand, application was still smooth but you could see more of the ridges because I had less control with the brush. Seche Vite worked wonders but it didn't completely even out the ridges. Though I will say it was a very minor thing and it probably won't bother most people. I'm just looking for a perfect polish and I'm going to tell you what's wrong with all the ones I do try.
Wear: I wore this polish for over a week. I thought it wore beautifully during that time and I grew to love it.

CONCLUSION: I think this is a beautiful nude creme polish to try if your skintone is anything like mine. I love the look of foundation nails. This is a polish that takes an experienced hand as the formula is a bit tricky to work with so if you're looking for something easy, you might want to skip this one. But I'm happy to have this one in my collection.

Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase through amazon.com through the links on my page. 

SWATCHES:









2 comments:

  1. Sorry, but first i find it really nice on you, but the real colors are at the last fotos and I think it's better on bronzed, half-cast or black skin, really, maybe you should try essie crewed interest nail polish, it's natural with little bit pink, probably better for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy,
      On me, it actually pulls lighter. I always include the most color accurate photos first. I've tried A Crewed Interest and it doesn't look very good on me.

      Delete