Friday, March 15, 2013

REVIEW of Sinful Colors Why Not With SWATCHES

Hi chickadees,

It figures that things would have to get worse before they can get better. I have some more bad swatches for you today as it was impossible to get a color accurate photo of this polish. I scoured the web and this is the most color accurate swatch I could find.

http://www.rightonthenail.com/2012/08/sinful-colors-why-not-and-traveling-in.html

However, my reviewing skills aren't impaired so let's begin there.

Color: I've been longing for color this winter and Why Not is a very pretty saturated blue creme polish. It doesn't have enough green to be teal. It reminds me of swatches I've seen of Nails Inc. Baker Street and Essie Butler Please, though I think this polish has a hint of green to it and may not be as bright as those polishes.
Formula: The formula is a little bit watery and runny.
Application: The polish applied a bit streaky with smooth brush strokes. That is, I had no problems with the brush dragging, but it was difficult to get even coverage. I think it was because this is one of those brushes that cause ridges to form in the polish. I needed 3 coats to get this polish opaque because of the balding. I think the formula is manageable but it isn't my favorite. Painting with my nondominant hand, all of the issues were much clearer so I wouldn't recommend this polish for a beginner or anyone who doesn't have good control. If you don't do a clean job you can see every place the brush strokes overlap.
Wear: The polish wore fine without fading but it did stain slightly when I was removing it. It wasn't nearly as bad as the one YSL polish I bought and with a bit more nail polish remover, I managed to take the remaining residue off my nails and skin but I thought it was worth noting as most polishes won't stain your skin and nails when you remove them.

CONCLUSION: If you don't already own a similar color and you really want a cheaper alternative I think the formula is manageable but I would probably recommend paying a few dollars more for a better formula.

SWATCHES (Though these swatches aren't color accurate they'll at least give you an idea of how this polish photographs)








This is when I was painting with my nondominant hand. 
You can clearly see where the brush strokes overlapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment