Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Update and Bad Swatches

Hi chickadees!

Have you missed me? I've been here. Life has just been a little crazy with a lot of things piling up lately. Added to the miserable weather and my perpetually average state of health and I haven't really felt like writing posts lately. Also, my lips are back to being dry and awful looking so it really isn't the best time for testing lip products. But I do have some nail polish reviews and I am slowly getting through the makeup I need to test, though with 8 AM classes, it's hard to find the time to apply makeup before running out the door.

I've been keeping these awful, not color accurate in the least swatches from when I let someone do a hack job on my nails at a salon. They're of Essie's Headmistress and I thought I'd just share them now as I don't really like this color enough to purchase it and swatch it for myself. This is three coats. Like most reds it was very difficult to photograph. Outdoors in direct sunlight it photographed much brighter than it actually is. It's somewhat similar to Sally Hansen Red Zin, kind of a muted, medium dark red like a brick red.

These photos are still a bit too bright but this is the best I could do. I know the manicure looks messy. This is what I get for letting someone else do my nails.



These are the swatches that are entirely too bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment