Friday, March 1, 2013

REVIEW of Orly Lucky Duck With SWATCHES

Hello my little cygnets,

I'm still trying out the new endearments and that one seems appropriate given the fact that today I'm reviewing Orly's Lucky Duck. I picked this up at an Ulta during my trip to California when I was still mad about green polishes. My fervor has diminished but I'm happy with the purchase as I think I've finally found a good standard green creme polish.

Color: Orly Lucky Duck is a standard green creme polish. It's the kind of green you pull out of the crayon box. Arguably, it leans a bit more blue unless you're indoors and the lighting is yellow but I would say that this green is a very nice balance between blue and yellow. It doesn't demand that you take notice, but it's not exactly quiet either. I think it provides a nice pop of color for your nails that isn't overly bright or aggressive. The color strikes me as very Kate Spade. It seems like the perfect green for a boxy, simple handbag that you would carry everyday if you mostly favor black or neutrals in your wardrobe.
Formula: The formula is on the thinner side and the consistency is a little bit watery and runny, though that doesn't affect how strong the color is.
Application: The brush seemed a bit on the thinner side but application was very smooth. It was a massive difference from all the trouble I had with Orly Gumdrop. I needed 3 coats to get the polish opaque.

CONCLUSION: If you're looking for a nice basic green for your collection, I would definitely suggest picking up Orly Lucky Duck. Application is easy and I think it'll be a good color to have, especially if you like doing nail art.

SWATCHES








No comments:

Post a Comment