Saturday, March 30, 2013

Marriage Equality Nail Art

Hi chickadees,

I wanted to share the nail art look I came up with for an InStyle contest. The challenge was to somehow incorporate tuxedo nails. Now, I already did a tuxedo nail art look for the Tony Awards which you can find here: http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2012/06/nighttime-special-occasion-nailstony.html But as I was looking at those tuxedos next to each other this design suddenly popped into my head.  

There are already a ton of tuxedo nail art tutorials online so I won't bother putting one here. I basically freehanded the jacket and then just did clean up. This time I used a brush I bought at Pearl Paint for the bowtie and buttons but you could also use a dotting tool, a toothpick or even an old pen that has run out of ink or a pencil. I also freehanded the rainbow though you could use nail tape if you want to. The heart was painted with a brush and the equal sign was done with a pencil. 

Anyway, I hope you like the design. Here are all the polishes I used for the look...

Heart: Confetti I <3 U, Essie Sure Shot

Rainbow: OPI Color So Hot It Berns, Zoya Willow, Zoya Pippa, Orly Lucky Duck, China Glaze Manhunt, Sally Hansen Good to Grape

Tuxedo: Confetti I <3 U, Essie Licorice

HRC Symbol: OPI Color So Hot It Berns, Milani Paradise Pink

More photos of the design...








Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment