Monday, May 27, 2013

REVIEW of OPI Do You Lilac It? With SWATCHES

Hello my little wildflowers,


Today I'll be reviewing OPI Do You Lilac It?. I don't have a lot to say about this polish. It's been in my collection for quite a while, long before this blog started and so long ago that the shop where I bought it is now closed. I'm not really a lilac/lavender kind of person though I know this is a polish that a lot of people recommend when they're suggesting nail polish colors. But I did like this color. Just not enough to review it until more than a month after I had swatched it. So yeah...

Color: OPI Do You Lilac It? is a light purple creme polish. I hesitate to call it lilac as it isn't what I personally think of when I think of lilac. It's a light/medium purple, not quite as light as the very light pastels and not quite as dark as the true purples. Do You Lilac It? is definitely more of a blue-toned purple. The color is rather quiet and demure. It's flattering for my skintone and I think it would be flattering for lighter skintones but I wasn't wildly in love with it for some reason. It was just alright to me.
Formula: The formula is a little bit thick.
Application: So, the first coat was pretty smooth but with successive coats I noticed how thick the polish was. It was liquid-y and runny but the brush dragged through the polish creating ridges and the polish seemed to thicken with the second and third coats. This is not a polish where you should go over the brushstrokes to even out the polish. You will just make more of a mess. That said, after I applied my Seche Vite top coat, the unevenness seemed like minor imperfections. I wore this polish for 5 days and during that time the small issues didn't bother me.

CONCLUSION: It's quite possible that the issues with the formula are from having such a old bottle of this polish but if you were to locate this polish I would assume that the bottle would be just as old unless this color is part of the permanent collection so I don't really see that as an issue for this review. Based on how flattering the color is and how the polish ended up looking alright, I would probably recommend this color in spite of the application issues. However, I can't give a enthusiastic endorsement.
 
SWATCHES





You can see the issues when you do a light test and hold the polish up to the light. There's a bit of balding at the tips that would probably be more pronounced if my nails were longer.
You can see the slight balding on the tip of every nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment