Friday, August 16, 2013

Sephora Haul: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils and Sephora by OPI Nail Colour

Hi chickadees!

I was naughty and placed an online order at Sephora.com the other day. In my defense, I started my shopping off at Ebates which pays you 8% back for your purchases at Sephora, I only bought items that were on sale, I used the store credit I had stored on a gift card, and I added at least $50 worth of products to qualify for free shipping. Yeah, I put a lot of thought into it. It sent my little obsessive mind into overdrive.

Anyway, I thought I'd just quickly share my purchases with you.

Even though I don't love the mini Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero that came with a little palette I bought or the full-size pencil in Perversion that I bought for myself a while ago, I could not resist the color selection they had on sale. They're still on sale for $6 at the time I'm writing this post if you're interested. I have a weakness for cool colors so I purchased four eyeliners in Flipside, Covet, Binge, and Deviant.

Flipside is a shimmery aquamarine/turquoise green. I think it'll provide a nice bright pop of colors around the eyes. It's a bit more of a summer shade but I think it could still look pretty in the fall. Or I might save it for fall because it takes me forever to test products. It's OK. I forgive you for thinking it. (Note: Swatches of all four colors at the end)
(looks a bit darker in person)

Deviant is a bright, intense blue. I would put it somewhere between cerulean and cobalt, but closer to cobalt. All the shades seem a little sparkly and shimmery but I feel like the glitter in Deviant is a little more noticeable. Of course, this is all just swatched on the back of my hand so I'll have to see how this looks on my eyelids.

(looks darker in person)

Covet is a lovely, deep rich green. I would maybe call it a forest green. I'll have to compare it to my old Maybelline gel eyeliner and the L'Oreal pencil eyeliner I haven't tried out yet but let's just say it will definitely fit comfortably in my collection. I've been looking for a good green to set off my brown eyes for a while.


Binge is a deep blue. I can't really be more specific. It's not dark enough to be navy and not light enough to be any of the other blues I can think of. And it almost seems to have a bit of purple in it.

Left to Right: Flipside, Deviant, Covet, Binge
Top to Bottom: Flipside, Deviant, Covet, Binge
Top to Bottom: Flipside, Covet, Binge, Deviant
Top to Bottom: Flipside, Covet, Binge, Deviant

I also had to feed my polish addiction. The Sephora by OPI polishes are currently on sale for $4.50 each and for every 3 polishes you buy, they will be further discounted so every three polishes will only cost $10. My little bargain-hunting heart is fluttering. This sale applies to both the regular line of creme/shimmer/metallic/glitter polishes and the glitter top coats.

From the regular polish line I chose Havana Dreams and Leaf Him At the Altar.

Havana Dreams is a pretty sky blue creme polish. My research revealed that it has kind of an iffy formula but I decided to take a risk because the polish was so cheap and I can always use a good light blue polish for nail art.

Leaf Him at the Altar is a shimmery green polish. I have seen some pretty swatches online, but really I just had to get it for the name. Sephora by OPI has some of the cutest polish names.

Now for the glitter top coats. I bought Indi-go With the Flow, Flurry Up, Beam Me Up Hottie!, and Traffic-Stopper Copper.

Indi-go With the Flow reminds me of Essie's Set in Stones which is a polish I've been wanting for a while after seeing how pretty it looks over dark polishes.

Flurry Up looks like the silver cousin of Sephora by OPI in Only Gold For Me which came in a nail set I bought last winter.

Beam Me Up Hottie! is an interesting top coat. I'm not sure why, but I keep getting tricked into thinking the pieces of glitter are larger than the pieces of hex glitter in the other bottles. I don't think you would call it holographic but the way this glitter catches the light it reflects back as a multitude of colors (red, green, blue, etc.)
Traffic-Stopper Copper is like Flurry Up and Only Gold For Me's ginger cousin. I have no idea what I'm going to pair it with but it could be very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment