Sunday, September 15, 2013

REVIEW of Sephora by OPI Leaf Him At the Altar With SWATCHES

Hello my lovely dryads,

Can you believe that this is the first Sephora by OPI polish I'm reviewing? I certainly can't considering the fact that Sephora is one of the first places I started shopping when I really got into makeup. Anyway, if you follow this blog, you'll know that I picked this polish up in a recent Sephora haul when it was on sale. As far as I know, it's still on sale so keep reading to see if I think you should purchase a bottle of your own.

Color: Sephora by OPI Leaf Him At the Altar is a bright, leafy green shimmer polish. I know it's a bit simplistic to call it a leafy green when the polish has the word "leaf" in the name but I can't think of a more apt description. I think it's a gorgeous color and it's very flattering for my skintone. I think this is a polish that would work for a lot of people.
Formula: The polish is on the thinner side and has a liquidy consistency.
Application: Because this is my first Sephora by OPI polish I'll go into a little more detail than I usually do. The brush is long and thin. That is perfect for me because I have never understood the love for wide brushes (e.g. wet n' wild, Sally Hansen). Maybe it's the shape of my nails but I find wide brushes awkward to use. Application was very smooth. Because of the thin, liquidy consistency the polish just glides effortlessly over the nail. The brushstrokes are a little bit visible because of the finish but after I added top coat I didn't really notice them that much. This isn't like a frost polish where the brushstrokes are very apparent. I don't go over the polish too much or try and work with it but you could definitely do that with this polish. It's easy to work with to achieve even coats and I didn't have any issues with the brush dragging. I applied three coats to get this polish opaque. However, when I did the light test (holding my nails up to the light) I noticed that there was still a little bit of balding. It wasn't noticeable except when I was doing the light test especially with the shimmer so I just left it at three coats. Application was just as easy when I was painting with my nondominant hand.
Wear: I wore this polish for five days with no signs of wear.

CONCLUSION: I would definitely recommend this polish. I have had to restrain myself from buying another bottle while it's on sale. The formula is a little on the thinner side but the color is gorgeous and the polish applies very easily.
SWATCHES











I wore this daisy nail art on each thumb. I think white looks beautiful against this shade of green. I used a cheap white striper brush (I don't recommend it), Wet n' Wild Spoiled polish in Designated Driver for the outer yellow ring and Zoya Pippa for the inner yellow circle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment