Saturday, September 21, 2013

REVIEW of Zoya London With SWATCHES

Hi chickadees,
After years of watching The X Factor UK, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Misfits, QI, and British youtubers, you would think that I would know more British slang, but I don't so... deal with it. I couldn't come up with a good opening greeting. That of course has nothing to do with the polish I'm about to review today... Zoya London.

Color/Texture: Zoya London is a gray textured polish. It is part of the Zoya Pixiedust family of textured polishes. So far I have only tried Vespa and London but I would say that compared to the OPI Liquid Sand formula, the Zoya Pixiedust polishes have a much finer grit. It really doesn't feel very abrasive at all. It almost feels like a very fine grit nail file. I would say that Zoya London appears to be a fairly light gray polish in direct sunlight and appears to be more of a medium gray polish under any other lighting condition. It took me a while to really like this polish. When I saw it with my leather jacket, it won me over. You could pair a light gray with a lot of textures and colors but I think a polish like Zoya London needs a little bit of edge to really make it work. I would describe the look of this polish as shimmery concrete. The texture isn't raised off the nail that much but instead creates more of a pattern.
Formula: The formula was a little thick but easy to work with.
Application: Application was smooth with no dragging. I found the polish to be a little thick but it was easy to even out with the brush. At three coats of polish it was more or less opaque. It wasn't perfectly opaque but it looked fine and the shine and the texture of the polish concealed the lack of full opacity.
Wear: I should note that even though I wait a long time in between coats, two of my nails (left hand thumb, right hand index finger) got messed up after I had painted a third coat. There wasn't a dent in the polish but something had happened to push the polish partially down from the tip of the nail. If you can imagine one of those nail stickers being pushed down the nail, that's what it looked like. I tried to repair the damage and then I added a layer of top coat to seal the polish. I thought I'd point it out as a drying problem is an issue for any matte/textured polish.
I wore this polish without top coat (except for my thumb) on my left hand and with top coat on my right hand for give days. In that time I didn't notice any damage or tip wear and I thought that oddly enough the hand without top coat on the nails looked better at the end of five days.

CONCLUSION: I would recommend the polish if you like the look of it. Textured polishes and gray polishes are not going to be for everyone and some people might have an issue with the lack of full opacity. But I do like the look of this polish and application was easy.
SWATCHES










with top coat
with top coat
with top coat
with top coat
with top coat

No comments:

Post a Comment