Sunday, September 8, 2013

REVIEW of Zoya Blu with SWATCHES

Hello bluebells,
How are you all today? I'm fine. That's a lie. I'm feeling awful and a little bit sick. It seems like the perfect time to try and lighten my spirits by reviewing the lovely Zoya Blu.

Color: Zoya Blu is a light blue creme polish. I don't have a complex lexicon for describing light blues. I would call it a pastel though it can also look a little dustier and darker than a sweet baby blue.
Formula: The formula is on the thicker side.
Application: Let's talk about painting with my dominant hand first. The first coat was a little streaky but application wasn't too bad. I decided that it was better to use thicker coats which made application pretty smooth. I quickly figured out that this is not a polish you should try and work with. That is, don't try and even out each coat with your brush because the brush is going to drag through the polish. With the second coat, I still saw some balding during a light test so I went in for a third coat. I kind of wish I hadn't done that. Although three coats got me to full opacity, the polish seemed to get more gloopy. I still got decent results when I worked slowly and carefully, trying not to work with the polish and using sufficiently thick coats. However, I won't pretend it wasn't difficult. Also, I did my nails at night and even though I waited for the polish to dry in between coats and added Seche Vite, when I woke up, the polish on my middle nail was messed up. It was very aggravating. Still, unsure of how to review this polish, I decided to tackle painting with my nondominant hand the next day. I found that the polish behaved in a similar manner. It was still streaky and difficult to get even coats. And even worse, this time I found that the polish was threading (as I drew the brush from the bottle, the polish clung to the brush creating a "thread") and the thick coats were hiding bubbles.
Wear: I wore this polish for 5 days with no signs of wear.

CONCLUSION: I am still incredibly confused. I love the color of this polish so much. But it is very temperamental. I can't recommend it to you based on the formula but if you can find the magic spell that makes it behave, I love the color enough to suggest that you give it a try.
SWATCHES












One coat. It gives you some idea of the unevenness and streakiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment