Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ritual Vintage New Store Opening

Hi chickadees!
Yes, I'm back with another sample sale report. Sort of. It's really a store opening but let's just go with it.

As much as I love Mulberry, there was no way I was waking up early to go stand in line with the rest of the crazies after I read Mizhattan's post about the VIP preview last night (criminal when there's no restocking) and lack of Alexa's and Bayswater bags in the kind of subdued colors and gorgeous leathers I prefer.

So instead, I headed over to the new Ritual Vintage storefront located at 167 Mott Street. I was there for quite a while trying things on so I ended up talking to the three or four girls working there who rotated out. They were all sweethearts. I found out that they had been busier that morning but they will be restocking frequently as this is a permanent storefront, at least for a year. The store uses a sticker system with different colors corresponding to different prices. The range is generally $20-$50 though there are some pieces at the back on the store (on the side of the register opposite the door) which are in the $100 range.

I saw a lot of great 50s and 60s silhouettes but there were items as far back as the 1930s. This is true vintage shopping. For those of you on the lookout for designer items, I found items from Escada, Kors, DKNY, Ralph Lauren, and Bottega Veneta. There is also a large range of items including blouses, skirts, gowns, dresses, one pair of studded jeans, jackets, belts, and handbags. I also noticed quite a few pieces with animals like tigers, cats, zebras, and deer.

A lot of the clothing didn't have size tags so I mostly have to go on what I tried on, but I would say that the selection favors smaller sizes. If you're above a size 10, you might have a little trouble finding items that fit.

It's hard to say if it's worth going by for the general shopper. The deals are definitely great but you'll have to make the call for yourself when it comes to the merchandise. There are some great standout pieces but these kinds of clothes aren't for everyone.


$50
Close up
Escada $50
$100
Back of dress
Deer print... or antelope? $20
Tigers $30







Zebras

No comments:

Post a Comment