Wednesday, August 1, 2012

REVIEW of Sally Hansen Nails & Cuticles Hand Creme

Hello my darlings,


(Full Disclosure: This is another item that came with my Influenster 2012 Summer Beauty VoxBox. I was sent this product to review.)
Sally Hansen Nails and Cuticles Hand Creme: $5.99 for full size bottle
This is what was written on the card that came with my Voxbox: Made with shea butter, the Sally Hansen Nails and Cuticles Creme softens hands, smooths cuticles and conditions nails. Active Moisture Complex formula with Ceramides helps to lock in nutrients so hands maintian their ideals moisture level. Offers 24 hour moisture and lasts through hand washings!

I have to say that after a few weeks of trying this product... I really like it. I didn't expect to, perhaps because of some personal bias. For some reason, I associate hand creams with older women or think of them as a luxury product that should smell and feel appropriately luxurious. Sally Hansen Nails & Cuticles Hand Creme feels light and fun. It smells like oranges and candy, or orange-flavored candy. Actually, what it immediately reminded me of was the scent of my Epicuren Extra Fine Citrus Facial Scrub. Though, I should note that as it settles into the skin, for me, it starts to smell a little like baby wipes. Orange-scented baby wipes. Anyway...

Texture/Feel/Consistency
It is definitely a cream. It feels silky and rich but not sticky or heavy or super emollient like more heavy duty dry skin treatments. It's also not as gel-like and watery as something like the L'Occitane hand creams. It glides nicely over your hands and massages into the skin easily, leaving skin feeling plush and soft. It doesn't dry immediately though so you will feel the residue for a minute or two until it dries.

Wear
As I noted above, it takes a little while to dry. After that, I think it does a good job of staying on the skin and keeping it moisturized but if you wash your hands, it will immediately wash off so I'm not sure if it really sinks in. I touched the outside of a water bottle and it started melting off. Once it has dried, you can go on with the rest of your day. It's not one of those heavy creams that completely incapacitates you unless you wear gloves.

Effectiveness
My hands were not in the best condition when I started using this product. Usually I have a tiny bit of dryness around my cuticles but nothing too terrible. However, when I first started testing I had just been to the salon and she had mangled my cuticles so the skin was still in the process of healing. I think this may have helped the healing process along and once my hands were back to normal in a few days, I think it did improve the slight dryness around my cuticles and my hands feel slightly softer and smoother. Granted, I am in my early 20s and have fairly soft, smooth skin to begin with. I use a very generous amount of the product and after a few weeks of use, I think I can confidently say it does make a difference. However, it helps to use this cream frequently. It's not a one-time fix. If you want to keep your hands feeling moisturized, you need to keep reapplying this product.

CONCLUSION: I would recommend this product if you're OK with the smell (I don't think it'll be for everyone) and you want an affordable, everyday hand cream to keep hands feeling nice and soft. I don't know if this would do much for people with extremely dry hands and cuticles or for people looking for dramatic results. But I think that once I run out of my sample, I will repurchase this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment