Thursday, August 2, 2012

Things I Am Currently Obsessed With

Hi chickadees,

This is the "torment yourself with how expensive these gorgeous things are" post in this series. For some reason the things that are really sticking with me right now are the ones that are not the most budget-friendly. Whether or not you can technically afford them, it's hard to justify purchasing big ticket items like these.

Oliver Peoples Maryse Eyeglasses

I don't actually need a new pair of glasses. My prescription hasn't changed since last year's checkup (thank goodness) and my old Kate Spade frames are perfectly fine. Actually because I scratched one lense, I got them replaced with all the fancy additions, smudge-proofing (which seems to actually attract smudges), etc. etc. But I tried these on in a store one day and kind of fell in love. Self-inflicted torment, I know.

Mulberry Bayswater Bag in Black Printed Leather

I know I've written about Mulberry bags before but now I know which one I want. It's the beautiful Mulberry Bayswater in Black Printed Leather. So simple and sleek yet so gorgeous. Sometimes I just pull up the Mulberry page to stare at it. Before you start swooning or placing your order you should know that this bag costs a whopping $1,350.
Henri Bendel Cafe Girl Scarf


I recently visited Bendel's for the first time. It's always been there. I've just never been interested in going in, but I happened to be in the area with some time to kill. Anyway, I was pretty underwhelmed by most of the merchandise except for this scarf. I love this scarf. I cannot stop thinking about this scarf. It is beautiful. It feels wonderful. I don't even wear scarves the majority of the time. I kind of just want to buy it and frame it and stick it on my wall. But it's $125, and for a girl who doesn't wear scarves all that often, that's an awful lot to spend on a scarf.
Wheat Necklace

Now, this is a two-fold obsession. For a while, I've been obsessed with the Aurelie Bidermann Demeter Necklace which looks like a golden braid with large pieces of wheat attached to it in a lovely organic pattern. I am a Greek mythology fanatic and I can totally picture this as the kind of jewelry a goddess would wear.
Demeter wheat large necklace
This beautiful piece of art will cost you $1,824.

Now, the piece I'm actually coveting is something I just discovered on BCBGMaxAzria's website while scoping out the sale selection. It's not on sale, sadly but it does seem like a more wearable, and certainly more affordable version of the Aurelie Bidermann.


This Metal Fringe Necklace will cost you $108.

No comments:

Post a Comment