Thursday, October 17, 2013

REVIEW of OPI Anti-Bleak With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees!

No cute preamble or greeting today. Honestly, I have no idea what the name of this polish is referencing. Anti-freeze? I don't know. The polish in question is Anti-Bleak which was released as part of the Mariah Carey for OPI collection that also brought us A Butterfly Moment and Stay the Night. I loved both of those polishes so hopefully Anti-Bleak will continue the trend. Keep reading to find out.

Color: OPI Anti-Bleak is a reddish purple creme polish. In bright direct sunlight it can almost appear to be a muted fuchsia. In normal direct sunlight it's a basic red-toned purple. In the shade, it looks like a lighter version of Essie Carry On. And indoors at night it can look like a very dark, brownish red.
Formula: The formula is a little thicker than normal for an OPI polish. In my experience, OPI polishes tend to be very liquid-y and not very viscous.
Application: The first coat applied smoothly though I did notice one bubble. The second coat applied very smoothly as well and I noticed that the polish appeared very shiny even without top coat. I needed to apply three coats to get this polish to full opacity. I generally found application to be smooth but with this polish it's important to make sure you have enough polish on the brush so it doesn't drag over the last layer of polish. It's a good formula, but it's not perfect.
Wear: I wore this polish for six days. It's one of those polishes that seems to attract smudges. I had no real trouble removing it. It was a little messy but I didn't experience any staining.

CONCLUSION: I would recommend this polish. It's not something you need to own but if you're looking for a color like this in your collection, Anti-Bleak is a good choice based on the formula.

 
SWATCHES











No comments:

Post a Comment