Thursday, May 15, 2014

Araks Sample Sale Report May 2014

Hello lovelies,

I was up bright and early for the Araks Sample Sale which opened this morning at 8:30 am at 137 Grand St. I was third in line and by the time the sale opened, there were about eight other ladies with me. Because I jinxed myself before I left the house, I ended up climbing five flights of stairs to attend this sale. Of course, once I was leaving, the elevator was working again. I'd like to say that I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed but even after two encores of the Glee version of Gloria on Spotify, my allergy eyes and I were not happy to be awake let alone climbing five flights of stairs first thing in the morning. Thankfully, you have until 7:30 pm today to shop this sale as well as Friday from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm.

So, what was the sale like? As you might expect from an Araks sale, there were several bins containing various underthings (undershirts, panties, thongs, etc.) separated by price and style.


Most of my fellow shoppers (about 10 by the time I left) were sorting through the bins where the best deals are to be found. However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover four racks of garments as well as two racks of underthings including soft bras/bralets and panties. 






As for the clothing, I found some nice structured pieces. They're a little heavier than one might expect for a spring sale so I suspect at least some of the items are holdovers from fall and winter. The clothing was considerably more expensive than what you might find at your average sample sale though there was a good range of sizes. I spotted some 6's and even 10's though I think their sizing runs small. 
Was $950 Now $380
I included the photo of the price tag so you could get a better idea of the way the print looked. 
This heavier deep green dress was $995 and is now selling for $398. It appeared to be a sheath dress but maybe the seams give it more shape.
This dusty navy blue dress was also made of a heavier fabric. It was $1195 and is now $478. 

This "Dorothy" skirt was $625 and is now $250. It is made of some synthetic fabric but it feels like it could be made of something more luxe.
This silky menswear-style sleepshirt was $328 and is now $150.
I forgot to check the prices on these shoes but given the limited selection, I'm not sure if you should check out this sale for the shoe section.

There is a bag check and a relatively spacious communal dressing area. Also, if you don't see your size on the racks, ask the salespeople as they can pull other sizes for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment