Saturday, May 24, 2014

REVIEW of Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel in 10 Apricot Nectar

Hello hummingbirds,


Well, not every polish can be a winner. Full disclosure, I only had this polish on for a day. It wasn't that horrible but at the time I believed I was going somewhere and I didn't want to go through the hassle of doing a full manicure or really wearing this shade of polish to the place where I was going. Yay for cryptic, pointless vamping. I think I bought this polish from drugstore.com (not a sponsor, though they can sponsor me if they want to). I originally wasn't that impressed with the Revlon Parfumerie line when I saw it at Harmon's but I've been hearing some good things about it and as usual I needed to add more things to my order to qualify for free shipping. So let's start breaking down what I liked and what I (mostly) didn't like about this polish.

Color: Revlon Apricot Nectar is an orange creme polish. A hideous orange. I like bold, bright oranges that are almost red, corals, and perhaps pastels that veer towards peach. This orange is none of those things. It reminds me of nothing so much as fake cheese and is just a hair lighter than the Nickelodeon trademark orange No es bueno. It doesn't match the color of fresh apricots. It comes closer to matching the color of dried apricots but in a very artificial, unpleasant way. For some reason, this color just screams "not found in nature." It's just really not a terribly flattering color on me and I can't imagine it would be very flattering for most people.
Formula: The formula is on the thicker side.
Scent: As I was first applying this polish, I could already start to smell the scent even though the label on the bottle says that it's only supposed to be scented once dry. The scent was strong enough to be apparent without holding the polish close to my face. (Do not hold this polish close to your face. I don't want you to get high off of polish fumes.) I would describe the scent as soft and kind of citrusy. Once the polish was dry, I feel like the scent had changed. The scent had become sickly like orange cough syrup. I'm almost positive this is the same scent as the orange liquid Children's Motrin.
Application: As I applied the first coat, I noticed that the brush was creating streaks and ridges in the polish. I would not try to work with this polish too much. I was already having problems with the first coat. The second coat applied similarly. The brush was creating ridges and while the polish wasn't thick and gloopy (no threading), it did need to be evened out and this polish was not having any of that. As soon as you try and even out the polish everything goes to hell. I had to redo two nails at this stage. At three coats, this polish reaches full opacity but it isn't fully opaque because of some patchiness and balding. Also, there were some bubbles.

CONCLUSION: No, I would not recommend this polish. Because it is on the thicker side, I will probably be able to find a use for it in some nail art looks but I would not recommend putting yourself through the hassle of application for this frankly ugly color. This shade of orange is not that popular in polish lines (probably for good reason) but I'm sure you can find something else that will suit you more.

SWATCHES











No comments:

Post a Comment