Saturday, October 4, 2014

REVIEW of KBShimmer Nail Lacquer In Bare Form With SWATCHES

Hello chickadees,


Just to clarify, the polish is called "In Bare Form." I thought there might be some confusion as I usually write "in" before the polish names in the titles of the review posts. Anyway, this is another one of the KBShimmer polishes I picked up in my small haul. Let's Not Coral wasn't a big hit with me but I was hoping for better things from In Bare Form.

Color: In Bare Form is a nude holographic polish. I think the best way to describe the color of this polish is sand. I don't mean beige or yellow. To me, this polish perfectly evokes the color of actual sand. The holo is not super strong with this polish. I couldn't figure out the perfect ratio of indoor lighting and direct sunlight but regardless, this polish looks very different depending on the lighting conditions. Sometimes it's a very flat sandy color with gold and silver shimmer that reminded me a little of Essie Mochacino. At times there's a slight rainbow shimmer but not a true holo. And at times you get the true holo effect. Also, depending on the light source, sometimes this polish can lean a little more gray. I wish the holo effect were stronger but I kind of liked this polish anyway. For me, with my skintone, it ended up being a cool twist on mannequin hands. It also a little dead on me but don't tell me that in the comments.
Formula: The formula was thick.
Application: The first coat applied very smoothly. I had to even out the polish a bit with the brush but there were no issues. The first coat was sheer but very shimmery. The second coat also applied very smoothly and upped the opacity quite a bit though the polish the was still not opaque. The third coat required a bit more evening out but the polish still went on smoothly. However, the polish still totally failed a light test and was not opaque at three coats which is generally my limit except for special cases.

CONCLUSION: I would not recommend this polish. I might have said yes if this polish were more easily accessible or cheaper but you can do better. Application was smooth but it's unacceptable for a polish like this to not be opaque at three coats and a holographic polish should produce a stronger holo effect. Unless your object is a more subtle holo polish that's on the sheer side, I would skip In Bare Form.

SWATCHES

silver shimmer
silver shimmer
gold shimmer
rainbow shimmer
rainbow shimmer
rainbow shimmer
rainbow shimmer
holo
holo
holo

holo
holo
holo

No comments:

Post a Comment