Friday, December 12, 2014

Eugenia Kim Sample Sale Report December 2014

Hello bumblebees,

I kept debating and debating whether I was going to leave my apartment and attend the Eugenia Kim sample sale at 347 W 36th St between 8th and 9th Avenues but somehow I got myself out the door, on the subway to 34th St and up to suite 501. The sale is running from December 12 through December 16 from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm daily. The sale opened this morning at 10:00 am but I arrived somewhere between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm. There is no coat or bag check and everything is priced as marked. Items are arranged by style. Men's hats, caps, and Genie by Eugenia Kim merchandise is along the right wall. Knits and furs occupy the adjacent wall. Fedoras and wider brim fall hats are on the far side of the room. Shoes and headbands are arranged along the last wall. Assorted hats are in bins marked $5, $35, and $65.

I did not check all of the price tags (because the salespeople were already looking at me like I was crazy) but I checked most of them. Aside from the Genie by Eugenia Kim knit turban for $25 and the discount bins, the cheapest items were the Lane scarf at $35, Leighton hat at $45, the Bettina hat at $45, and the Dakota scarf at $55.

The Carmella hat in gray was $65, The Lula turban was available for $65 in Oatmeal, Pink, Black/Cream, and Gray/White. The Jillian beret was available for $75.

At $85 you have the Liesl (Black), Mishka (Tortoise), Kristi (Black/Cream), and Kristi (Black).

At $95 you'll find the Elyse (Black), Jamie (Black), Cara, Martina, Joelle, Felix, Reagan (Lavender), and Jamie (Black). The Micah was the only item I saw priced at $115.

At $125, there was the John, Bo Alt (Red Marble), Jill, Montana, and Elie (Black). The Theo was priced at $135.

The Mies Alt (Charcoal), Georgina (Heather Gray), Mimi, and Blake (Rose Marble) were selling for $145.

You could purchase the Blake Alt (Mink), Blake (Mink), Georgina Alt (Black/Blue feathers), or Fifi (Cream) for $155.






















No comments:

Post a Comment