Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daily Candy Beauty Bus: Covergirl Makeup Booth

I never go out for things like this but how could I resist a bus parked on Broadway that I could pass by on my way home? I hate to say it but the beauty bus was a bit of a bust. The line for makeup was much shorter than the line for hair. There were maybe 4-5 people in front of me when I arrived (compared to 10-15 in the hair line) and my total wait was only maybe 10-15 minutes. I wasn't really impressed by the makeup. The woman was very sweet but she had to do my makeup with disposable wands and such and the applicators that come with drugstore eyeshadow palettes are kind of terrible. She did a light sheer color as a base all over the eye, smudged a thin line of brown at the lash line, went over it with eyeliner, and added a few coats of mascara. If you just want to primp, or get your makeup done in a bus (which is a novel experience on Broadway with all the wind and cars and noises) then I think this is a nice, free service to try but nothing about it made me want to buy Covergirl makeup or to hire one of these women to do my makeup for a special event.

No comments:

Post a Comment