Sunday, March 11, 2012

Failed Lip Products: L'Oreal's Fairest Nude and Revlon's Peach Parfait

Hi chickadees!

Sorry I have posted anything in a few days. This past week has been so hectic. I had major essays and exams in most of my classses. I will probably be painting my nails in the next few days so I should have a new review up shortly. For now, I hope you like these short reviews on two lip products I recently tried. Sorry about the upper lip fuzz. I didn't have time to go to get the hair threaded before taking these lip swatches. Please forgive my mammalian flaws.

OK, onto the reviews!

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolor in 800 Fairest Nude
I've heard good things about this product and I wanted to love it. I tried to love it. But it was simply atrocious. I find L'Oreal lipsticks to be nicely moisturizing and to apply opaque. Not the case here. Fairest Nude applied almost like a greasy lip gloss. It wasn't very pigmented and didn't provide great coverage, leaving a lot of pink peeking through the sheer nude lipstick. However, the lip color had no problem settling into the lines and cracks in my lips. I would definitely avoid wearing this if your lips aren't smooth but I don't know how much that would help. It was just so dry and aging. I can't imagine it would look good on anyone.


As bad as these swatches look, this lipstick looked even worse in person.

Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
If you follow this blog, you'll know I've been searching high and low at every drugstore I know of for this product. Well, I would have called off the hunt if I'd have known how this lip butter would look on my lips. There was something odd about the consistency of this lip butter. Maybe it was the glitter but it seemed harder and didn't apply as smoothly as some of the other lip butters I own (no glitter). I thought it looked nice and glossy over smooth lips but to me it looked cheap. It was too shiny. There was too much glitter. It would be difficult to pair this with anything but mascara and the tiniest bit of blush and I have a hard time imagining this looking age appropriate on anyone. It doesn't fit the professional look I need to achieve with a nude lip so it went back to the store.


Cat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you would like to help support this site, please consider making your next purchase at amazon.com through the links on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment