Monday, March 12, 2012

REVIEW of Lush's BB Seaweed Mask


Before I get into this product, I feel like I should let you know what my skin is like and my particular skin concerns. I have very dry skin and this winter I find myself plagued by dry patches of flaky skin. Usually I am fairly blemish free excluding one or two stress pimples but I think my heavy duty moisturizer...or something else in my routine...is breaking me out because I have been getting a lot more breakouts on my forehead, cheeks and nose. At the start of using this mask I had quite a few (around 5) large, inflamed zits and a redness around my cheeks and forehead. My skin is generally not oily though so I can't give an opinion on how this product works for people with oily or combination skin.
Overall Impression
I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ratio of price to shelf life to amount of product. Given that you have a short window in which to use the product (about 2 weeks for the container I got) I appreciate that there isn't a ton of product which would go wasted. At the same time, I can think of a lot of things that cost about the same amount which last a great deal longer and which can be used multiple times.

Scent: I don't mind the scent but I don't love it either. It doesn't really smell like seaweed to me, or at least the kinds of seaweed I'm familiar with. It smells more like they tried to mimic the smell of the fresh air at sea with herbs. It's not an assaulting smell but it's definitely present during use and after you've washed the mask off so you should definitely decide if you like the scent before using it.

Texture: The texture of the product is relatively thick like cake batter where the flour isn't fully incorporated or a sludge of wet sand. It is definitely thicker than lotions and masks I've used in the past. There are pieces of seaweed mixed into the batch but I feel like they don't really serve a purpose. They are large pieces so they mainly fall off your face and it seems like they would be more useful incorporated/blended into the product instead of kept in large chunks.

CONCLUSION
I don't detect any major results. I know the website is full of good reviews about a immediate difference but I don't see it. My skin feels soft but then it always feels pretty soft, especially after being rinsed with water. My skin might be marginally less dry but it definitely isn't noticeable and it still has that papery dryness. It wasn't flaky before using this product so I can't say if it would affect flakiness. My blemishes are still present and inflamed though some of the larger ones might be a little less inflamed.



Just applied

Almost dry

No comments:

Post a Comment