Saturday, March 31, 2012

Things I Am Currently Obsessed With

Is it terrible to have acquired so many obsessions in such a short period of time? Long story short, I was freezing one day and popped into far too many shops to hide from the cold. This is the result. (Oh, and just as an update on my last post in this series, I am very happy with my Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda concealer so far and less pleased with my Pixi Tink Tint despite the adorable packaging. Reviews to follow.)

1) Bracelets and bangles

This is an odd one for me, because I get uncomfortable wearing watches. Yet for some reason I kept gravitating towards bangles and bracelets today. I had no luck with bangles because they kept sliding off my tiny wrists until they were halfway down my hand. But my eyes lit up at the display case in Mulberry though, wow, their prices aren't cheap. Does anyone know where I can find authentic discounted Mulberry merchandise? A nice outlet mall or sample sale or consignment shop? Anyway, here is the Tillie bracelet I fell in love with.

http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c6211/5674/moreviews/

It comes in Rose Gold and Pale Gold for a whopping $270. I know. I'm sorry for making you fall in love with it too.

For a slightly less heartbreaking option, there's this Henri Bendel bracelet I found online. It comes in Gold, Silver, and Rose Gold for $78.

http://www.henribendel.com/shop/designer-jewelry/buckle_up_baby_bangle

2) A Mulberry handbag

I'm not really a handbag kind of girl. My favorite bag in the world is the simple cross-body bag I picked up in Argentina for $20. 



My other handbags from LeSportsac and Michael Kors were birthday gifts and I didn't care what they looked like as long as they could fit all my stuff. (Yes, I am purposely using that most hated word of English teachers, "stuff".)

It seems like it might be awkward to carry around a Mulberry bag after the casual ease and comfort of those bags. But I melted as soon as I went in the store. The Travel Day Bag, The Bayswater, The Alexa... I'm not even going to post pictures and prices. I will just provide the link if you think you can stand the temptation.  http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c6187/

3) The OPI NYC Ballet Soft Shades Collection for Spring 2012

I thought nothing of this collection when it was first announced. Even when I saw the bottle pics on Refinery29, I was still unimpressed. http://www.refinery29.com/opi-new-york-city-ballet

But then I saw swatches on Scrangie and I'm kind of in love with the collection. I think I'll limit myself to Piroutte My Whistle, Barre My Soul OR You Callin Me A Lyre?, and My Pointe Exactly.

Hopefully, I'll be able to track these down soon. Here are some more drool-worthy swatches to look at.

4) Makeup Savers

My days have been getting longer, whether I'm out exploring or spending the day confined to the library. Thus, my makeup needs some rejuvenation past hour 8 or so. I'm not sure what would work best, though. I have a mild obsession with the Tatcha blotting papers that make appearances in all my beauty/fashion magazines, though the price seems a bit exorbitant.  http://www.tatcha.com/shop/original-aburatorigami-japanese-blotting-papers

I've also heard some good things about the elf blotting papers called the "ELF essential shine erasers" so I might have to check those out since they are so gosh darn cheap! Oh, elf, you indecently low-priced temptress!


Or perhaps I need a setting powder, though with my dry skin I'm not sure how that will make my makeup look less dry and cakey. Still, I've been hearing good things about tarte's Smooth Operator Finishing Powder.
Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder with PM20™

What have you been obsessing over lately? Are you interested in seeing me review any of these products. Leave your thoughts in the comments below. :) See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment