Tuesday, March 20, 2012

REVIEW of Orly Gumdrop with SWATCHES


Hi chickadees!
I realize this won't be terribly exciting for some of you since this isn't a new release and it's kind of in the same color family as the China Glaze "For Audrey" polish everyone loves so much. Still, I wanted something fresh and fun for my week off (Spring Break) before I have to go back to nude nails for another week of exams. Anyway, I'm going to try and keep this short since you've probably already read the reviews and seen swatches.

Color: As I said, this color is in that turquoise/Tiffany blue family that is very close to "For Audrey". I find the color very pretty and flattering against my pale, yellow-toned Asian skin. I would caution against this color if these types of colors bring out the redness in your hands as this happens in certain (dimmer) lighting with this polish. Oddly, I find this polish both bright and fun and demure and understated. I think it might have something to do with the association with Tiffany blue. There's something ladylike about it even as it remains a bright spring color.

Application: Application was fairly smooth. Not as perfect as my most perfect Essie polishes but I didn't have major problems. The formula is a little watery but as long as you get the right amount on the brush it's easy to control. It kind of takes a little longer than I'm used to for the layers to dry and I'm impatient so try not to rush as much as I did or the brush may drag through the last layer of polish. It was pretty much opaque in 2 coats. So far I'm impressed with Orly's formula and I really like the grip on the cap of the brush.

CONCLUSION: I would feel comfortable recommending this polish if you like the color. While I think the best Essie formulas work for everyone, this polish might require a bit of skill to get a handle on. Just a warning. If I couldn't find a better dupe (since there are a lot of them) I would probably repurchase this polish.

  
SWATCHES








No comments:

Post a Comment